New CND Academy Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutiePie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Today I was lucky enough to be the first student at the new training academy in Leigh! :biggrin: It's fabulous!

I did the Brisa conversion course with the wonderful Sarah Maden and I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of furthering their career, or just looking to improve their overall service.

After experiencing the CND service and training first hand I can fully understand why their techs love what they do and remain loyal to the brand. Eveyone I met was lovely and I left the course feeling excited about the nails I am going to produce.

I am not new to nails but I am new to CND products. After many hours researching and comparing prices, I was confident I'd made the right choice when I booked and, today confirmed it. The products really do speak for themselves... from my 3 demo nails, my model has so far lined up 3 paying customers since arriving home :biggrin: . Now I just need to work on my speed, which shouldn't be a problem judging by the amount of practice I will be getting!

The only problem I currently have, is deciding which course to do next... :biggrin:

Is this an ad for CND? Doesn't Geeg do enough of it on here already? :wink2:

That is uncalled for actually! I speak about what I know and use and only when asked for info in a post. I never ever just post about a product without a question being asked.

If you are going to post sarcastic replies to every tech who enthuses about CND and the products and training .. You are going to be kept very very busy.
Perhaps you yourself have something interesting to contribute besides sarchasm?

Hmmm no just a very happy student sharing her thoughts and proud to be the first student in the new Creative Academy plus Manchester!!

Which i CANNOT wait to see it all finished!! I had a sneak peak a month or so ago and couldnt believe how BIG it really is!! Im soo happy for Julia and all the team in Manc it amazing how far it has come and an amazing place to go!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Hi everyone

Today I was lucky enough to be the first student at the new training academy in Leigh! :biggrin: It's fabulous!

I did the Brisa conversion course with the wonderful Sarah Maden and I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of furthering their career, or just looking to improve their overall service.

After experiencing the CND service and training first hand I can fully understand why their techs love what they do and remain loyal to the brand. Eveyone I met was lovely and I left the course feeling excited about the nails I am going to produce.

I am not new to nails but I am new to CND products. After many hours researching and comparing prices, I was confident I'd made the right choice when I booked and, today confirmed it. The products really do speak for themselves... from my 3 demo nails, my model has so far lined up 3 paying customers since arriving home :biggrin: . Now I just need to work on my speed, which shouldn't be a problem judging by the amount of practice I will be getting!

The only problem I currently have, is deciding which course to do next... :biggrin:

Ooh I'm so jel. :biggrin:Lol. I have trained with the girls at the Manchester academy and they are all really talented and so nice. I have another course lined up for next month so will see the new academy then. Can't wait.:biggrin:

Is this an ad for CND? Doesn't Geeg do enough of it on here already? :wink2:

Cheers Mobile Manicure... What a way to rain on my parade....As my nanna always said.... if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all... :wink2:

To be fair, I read so many posts on here from people who are disillusioned or disappointed with their training experiences, I think it's just as important to mention positive reviews because that's how I was able to make my decision, by reading about people's experiences. I have to say CND are not the only company I read excellent reviews on, they were just my personal choice. I'm sure you read product reviews online before making a purchase, I don't see this as any different?

There has been clearly a lot of hard work and effort put in to make such a lovely training environment and I personally think it deserves recognition.

As you will see from my profile, this is my 6th post in 6 years and a response such as yours, whilst it may have been light-hearted, doesn't encourage people to post their views or experience... something this forum is for?

Thanks to all the lovely ladies who replied, hopefully I will get to meet most of you at the next CND course :lol:

I think we can move on from the odd comment above and dont give it any more attention.

I wish Julia and her team every success in their new home!

I am currently saving my pennies for CND training and cannot wait. If it wasnt for spending hours reading posts on here i too would have been one of those who invested time and money in a cheaper/shorter course and possibly would have become disillusioned (like many other geeks).

I love the enthusiasm and find information like this inspiring! Good luck with ur nails CutiePie and let us know which other courses u do xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I'm off to see it today. I must say that Julia, Pamela and the team are a real credit to CND.
Visiting the academy shop has been the highlight of my week over the past few months. The girls have been super helpful, remember you and your name and always ask how I'm doing with my offers, salon, treatments etc.
Maybe people should sample the help, advice and kindness shown by these and other CND team members before they pass it off as advertising. Just because it's a compliment does't mean it's an untruth/advert/pr trip.
Geeg for Prime Minister I say... Lol x

Thanks CutiePie!

I'm booked on the l&p conversion in May at the CND Academy Manchester :D
I too was like you searching all the courses and I'm so glad I picked CND. Once I've done the l&p I'll be saving to do the Brisa conversion.

As if I wasn't excited enough, your post has got me even more excited!!!:lol:
X

Last edited:
Is the new Manchester Academy in Manchester City Centre. I'm looking at CND courses and wondered if this was easier for me to get to than Leeds? :)

I think we can move on from the odd comment above and dont give it any more attention.

I wish Julia and her team every success in their new home!

You're all nuts!!! I put a wink next to my post as it was suppose to be a tongue in cheek comment, IYKWIM. I thought the post was so well written, it sounded like it came from an advertisement!

My sincerest apologies if it was taken the wrong way. I didn't mean to sound offensive, must be my Aussie sense of humour (now you're all going to call me a racist!)

Anyway, I'm from Manchester and am going to be looking into the academy, although I use Gelish at the moment, I'd like to see what else CND have to offer apart from Shellac.

You're all nuts!!! I put a wink next to my post as it was suppose to be a tongue in cheek comment, IYKWIM. I thought the post was so well written, it sounded like it came from an advertisement!

My sincerest apologies if it was taken the wrong way. I didn't mean to sound offensive, must be my Aussie sense of humour (now you're all going to call me a racist!)

Anyway, I'm from Manchester and am going to be looking into the academy, although I use Gelish at the moment, I'd like to see what else CND have to offer apart from Shellac.

They have everything to offer and thank you for the apology.

I thought the post was so well written, it sounded like it came from an advertisement!

Thanks Mobile Manicure, I will take that as a compliment! :biggrin:

Please let us know how you get on if you decide to see for yourself what all the fuss is about :wink2: . I am also interested in Gellish as an addition to my services, it seems a lot of people on here offer both this and Shellac. I would love to know your experience of the product/training.

I treated myself to some Shellac on Monday but I haven't had chance to try it yet... think I may have to "sacrifice" my trip to the gym tomorrow to fit in a set... tut tut. :biggrin:

I had limited funds so I chose: Cream Puff, Moonlight & Roses, Hot Pop Pink and Fedora. I'm hoping this will be ok to start with until I can add more... until then I will just have to be creative with designs and layering!

Oooh this is exciting as Leeds is nearest to me at the mo. I suppose Manchester and Leeds are quite close anyway. I guess I could go to either. Il be saving up to do a course I think as il have finished doing my NVQ level 2 soon!!!

I had a look at the website and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the training prices. This would probably explain why some techs in salons out there aren't doing it properly! They're not getting the training but are using the products.

It's a shame, I'm a firm believer in getting the training for the products you use. Henceforth, I shall not be using CND until my lottery numbers come up.

Fingers crossed!!

BTW: I'm sure the cost reflects the standard of training etc, etc, etc. I'm not saying it's a rip off, just that I can't afford it at the moment so please don't jump down my throat.

I think it would be fair to say that the only course we offer that could be considered expensive at first glance until you look into how value added it is, is the Creatinve COMPLETE course which includes everything and is for career beginners who want to make a serious career of nails. Plus an ITEC diploma at the end of it.

All other classes are modular and VERY affordable to anyone again, who is serious. We really are not interested in attracting those who are not serious minded ... We leave that to others who are happy to have quick and cheap.

Last edited:
I wish that "being serious" (which I am) would lower my mortgage, car payments, childrens schooling and bills so that I could afford it.

Latest posts

Back