New CND lamp help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
I know I am probably being REALLY thick, but....!!

I've just unpacked my new CND lamp and am following the set up instructions, but I can't see any film to remove and I can't get the top off!

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong as I'm really losing my patience and don't won't to break my lamp!

Thanks!

My husband had to do mine as I couldn't get the top off either!! I think he slid the lid towards him and then lifted. Then you peel off all the blue film- it should be silver inside. Don't forget to lift the finger tray and peel off the blue underneath. Hope that helps x

There is an insruction video about removing the lid, think its on you tube.................:cool:

Don't worry I struggled like mad at first!! lol
The film is inside the lamp,where the hand goes,only way I could think to describe it lol
You need to get the lid off first,I found the easiest way was to turn my hand palm facing up and hold the lid from inside,then with my other hand gently silde the lid towards me,I found all the pulling they show on the instructions awkward,but that's me lol Then you'll see blue film,first unclip the hand tray and remove the film,then there is also film on the pedicure tray and around the back of the lamp,make sure you remove all the film you may have search but it's blue and you can't miss it :) And then put in your bulbs in and hey presto :) HTH

Don't worry I struggled like mad at first!! lol
The film is inside the lamp,where the hand goes,only way I could think to describe it lol
You need to get the lid off first,I found the easiest way was to turn my hand palm facing up and hold the lid from inside,then with my other hand gently silde the lid towards me,I found all the pulling they show on the instructions awkward,but that's me lol Then you'll see blue film,first unclip the hand tray and remove the film,then there is also film on the pedicure tray and around the back of the lamp,make sure you remove all the film you may have search but it's blue and you can't miss it :) And then put in your bulbs in and hey presto :) HTH

Thanks, that really helped! :Love:

I now have all the blue film removed from the inside and my bulbs in. But the instructions also tell you to remove the film from the outside of the lamp. I can't see where the film is?!

No probs hun,glad I helped :)
If I remember,my lamp was in a dust cover,then inside a polythene bag,and over the lid,was the blue film just protecting the white lid,not 100% but thinking back I removed all these first then had my lamp on my table and then took the lid off etc,put in the bulbs,lid back on again,and then the power cord,but I'm sure there was blue film protecting the lid,maybe someone else can confirm for us lol

I had the same problem when I got mine last week, I couldn't get the lid off no matter how many times I watched the fingernail fixers you tube! It did it the end and it nearly flew across the room, my poor new lamp! All ok though! I don't think there is a film on the outside?? I only removed the blue inside.

Thanks everyone. I was getting so frustrated with it that I was ready to cry!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. :Love:

I also noticed someone else has posted about the exact same problem this afternoon, so hopefully they will see this and you may be able to help two people today!! :)

I had to re-find this thread today as I'd forgotten how to open the lamp again!! Lol

Does anyone know if I can bookmark this this thread as I'm sure I'll need it again!!!

I don't know about book marking, but the Finger nail fixers video on youtube got mine open at the first attempt! Just do a search on there, CND lamp and it'll come up.

I had to re-find this thread today as I'd forgotten how to open the lamp again!! Lol

Does anyone know if I can bookmark this this thread as I'm sure I'll need it again!!!
You can subscribe to the thread. At the top of the thread, click thread tools and then subscribe to this thread.

Latest posts

Back