New CND Shellac Duraforce top coat - share experiences!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
Dear geeks,

I am looking forward to read your (and mine if it is released in Germany:)) experiences with the new CND Shellac Topcoat Duraforce.

Here you can read first answered questions http://www.creativeacademymanchester.co.uk/new-cnd-shellac-duraforce-top-coat/.,

I hope that this Topcoat will be a very good thing for those clients who have trouble with the wearing time of Shellac.

I am very excited!

Hi, it was only released here in the UK on 14th November, (today is Sunday 20th) so with postage etc, we've only really had it for use for about 5 days or so, hopefully some reports will start in the week. I'm really interested how it performs, especially with the discontinuation of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.

I used it on a few clients that have weak nails or that struggle to get 2 weeks. At the minute most are still going strong however one client has contacted me to say she has lifting. I'm hoping it's just a problem with this one client x

I have had it in canada for awhile now and it works very well for setting crystals and also for top coating chrome.

I've had duraforce on over my Rainbow Chrome for 12 days now. I used one coat and it has been good and my nails felt stronger for it.
I'm doing a soak off as I type and I'm finding it takes 15 mins to soak off the top coat and some of the colour layer but I've had to rewrap to get the rest of the colour and base off.

I've used it on a few clients so will await results when I see them next.

What I would say is to allow longer than 15 mins for your removal with this topcoat.

Pleased with the product though [emoji3][emoji106]

What I would say is to allow longer than 15 mins for your removal with this topcoat.

Would you say some of that time is down to the change in cold weather??? I find Shellac slower to remove in the winter anyway

Would you say some of that time is down to the change in cold weather??? I find Shellac slower to remove in the winter anyway

No, I haven't found any difference in removal since the cold weather started but this may be because the room is warm, the client sits by a heater and if they come in with cold hands I put my Ibx heat lamp on them. Hot mug of tea for them to hold also helps.[emoji4]

I timed my removal - 27 mins from wrapping last finger. I had base, colour x2, layer it, chrome and duraforce X1

I think this shows a good case for only doing one coat of colour under chrome.
Some might buff off the duraforce and then wrap?

Here's my next little observation on duraforce top coat.....
I did some stamping onto cured & wiped duraforce today and noticed that the stamping polish doesn't transfer as completely as when using the other top coats. The design printed fine but the jelly head was still covered with pattern too - which doesn't normally happen

I think duraforce might be more slippy than the other top coats .
Next time I think I'll stamp onto the xpress top coat and save the duraforce for the final layer if the client needs it
[emoji3]

I've had duraforce on over my Rainbow Chrome for 12 days now. I used one coat and it has been good and my nails felt stronger for it.
I'm doing a soak off as I type and I'm finding it takes 15 mins to soak off the top coat and some of the colour layer but I've had to rewrap to get the rest of the colour and base off.

I've used it on a few clients so will await results when I see them next.

Pleased with the product though [emoji3][emoji106]

Just an update on how the duraforce top coat is performing 3 weeks on...

My most challenging client (and sister!) with weak, bendy nails has finally been able to go 3 weeks + with her shellac.
For her this is amazing :):). We were struggling to get to 2 weeks previously even with using the original top coat after the base layer.
The colour was all still in tact but the regrowth showing prompted a re-do.

Here is what she had (all CND shellac products & LED light used):
  • Thorough prep & scrub fresh as normal
  • Base coat + cure on No.1
  • Duraforce + cure on No. 3
  • Dark Lava x2 coats curing on 2S
  • Duraforce + cure on No.3
  • wipe with dsperse & finish with solar oil.

The removal of the above was straight forward - wrapped for 15 mins with nourishing remover and everything came off in one go despite there being 2 individual layers of duraforce to take off. Easier than when I did a removal of chrome with duraforce (see post #5 above).

I've done a few chrome applications now using duraforce x2 as the top coat - none of the clients have contacted me with any wear & tear issues so I assume they are all still in tact!

Hope this helps people!
:)

Just an update on how the duraforce top coat is performing 3 weeks on...

My most challenging client (and sister!) with weak, bendy nails has finally been able to go 3 weeks + with her shellac.
For her this is amazing :):). We were struggling to get to 2 weeks previously even with using the original top coat after the base layer.
The colour was all still in tact but the regrowth showing prompted a re-do.

Here is what she had (all CND shellac products & LED light used):
  • Thorough prep & scrub fresh as normal
  • Base coat + cure on No.1
  • Duraforce + cure on No. 3
  • Dark Lava x2 coats curing on 2S
  • Duraforce + cure on No.3
  • wipe with dsperse & finish with solar oil.

The removal of the above was straight forward - wrapped for 15 mins with nourishing remover and everything came off in one go despite there being 2 individual layers of duraforce to take off. Easier than when I did a removal of chrome with duraforce (see post #5 above).

I've done a few chrome applications now using duraforce x2 as the top coat - none of the clients have contacted me with any wear & tear issues so I assume they are all still in tact!

Hope this helps people!
:)

It sounds great!!! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Wait you use the dura force twice? Sorry I'm on the other side of the world literally living on an island so I'm not up to date in info

Wait you use the dura force twice? Sorry I'm on the other side of the world literally living on an island so I'm not up to date in info

Yep, try it!

As Brisa smoothing gel has been discontinued its a good substitute so hence the extra layer

I'm sure this was to counteract the discontinuation of Brisa Lite, the extra layer of original topcoat (and now duraforce) gave a little extra strength to clients who had been wearing BL.

Here's my next little observation on duraforce top coat.....
I did some stamping onto cured & wiped duraforce today and noticed that the stamping polish doesn't transfer as completely as when using the other top coats. The design printed fine but the jelly head was still covered with pattern too - which doesn't normally happen

I think duraforce might be more slippy than the other top coats .
Next time I think I'll stamp onto the xpress top coat and save the duraforce for the final layer if the client needs it
[emoji3]
This is strange I have just done my best stamping in a long time onto duraforce and was thinking quite the opposite! The mysteries of nail products lol, I'm also finding it amazing for keeping crystals on

This is strange I have just done my best stamping in a long time onto duraforce and was thinking quite the opposite! The mysteries of nail products lol, I'm also finding it amazing for keeping crystals on

Out of interest did you stamp with the sticky residue still on or after wiping?
Could be the different stamping heads too I suppose.

Thanks for your info

Out of interest did you stamp with the sticky residue still on or after wiping?
Could be the different stamping heads too I suppose.

Thanks for your info
No I had removed the tacky layer, it may just be a coincidence because my stamping results are quite inconsistent x

Anyone else who have experiences with Duraforce?

In Germany it is still not yet available:(

Latest posts

Back