New extension method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astarstyle

Reaction score
Ok... so I like to think I am pretty knowledgeable on hair extension methods... :D I am trained in quite a few but these I cannot work out. Obviously it's not one of the common techniques, nor does it look like microchet extensions. Does anyone know what this is? It looks pretty interesting whatever it is...

Hope someone can help or it is going to bug me until I know! :(

Here is a piccy...

permanent-hair-extension.jpg

Never seen this before... Looks interesting though!

I saw a pic like this on eBay and i was interested too but when I look at the description it just said pre-bonded nail tips :(

They look like prebonded that have been clamped maybe? Maybe to make them flat?
:s

It's quite easy to see what they have done. A flat tip with a hole in it and some hair pulled through with a thread and then tied around other hair to keep secure. I think I will try this it looks interesting.

They look like prebonded that have been clamped maybe? Maybe to make them flat?
:s

Yes they are flat but they also have a perfect little hole on the center... the natural hair section is then split into two horizontally and the upper section threaded through the hole then somehow bonded/clamped/tied to the lower section :confused:

I NEED TO KNOW! :irked: haha

x

It's quite easy to see what they have done. A flat tip with a hole in it and some hair pulled through with a thread and then tied around other hair to keep secure. I think I will try this it looks interesting.

Haha... just writing at the same time.

I know how it's done just wanted to know what it may be called so I can do some research. It does look interesting... I think it would fall beautifully too.

Do you think it's tied underneath then? x

Ahhh I see now where the hair goes through and on the right of the picture you can see something behind, maybe those mini micro rings?

Think I might have a play this afternoon and try some different ways... have got the perfect little 1mm hole punch pliers in my craft box! :biggrin:

Oh if you do can u put some pictures up on here? :)

Oh if you do can u put some pictures up on here? :)

Certainly will... Will get my toys out just as soon as I get my little madam off to sleep! :wink2: x

Where did you come across the picture?

Where did you come across the picture?

Bored last night... was looking to see if there were any new techniques/systems which I could have a look at training in... not that I am obsessed or anything :eek:

Typed into google 'new hair extension methods 2012' and this site was at the bottom of the page.

8 Methods to Have Permanent Hair Extension

Just general info really... think the image is a general stock image if it's being used on ebay too

Have had my first little go but I would like to try a few different things out as I think they could be better... but they flow and swing soooo freely, bet a full head would look lush!

Still want to know exactly what method this is though :irked:

Here is a piccy of what I did just... I have left one lay upwards so that you can see the underneath and I've done some contrasting colours too.

Please excuse the poor quality photo... I'm no good with detail shots :rolleyes:

IMAG0943.jpg

:Love:

The more I look at the first photo, the more it looks like a waxy substance... it's not as hard looking as an adhesive bond :confused:

Last edited:
What did you use underneath? X

What did you use underneath? X

They are like the nano rings that were discussed on a different thread recently.... like I said, just playing at the moment x

So have u used flat tips and put the hole in yourself? I am fascinated by these but I have looked online and cant see any courses on it but I can see them been very appealing to clients with them Moving more freely x

The two blonde are standard flat tips from some sample hair I received lately and the two brown are some thinner flat re-tips I did for playing with... I need to do some more adjusting but I wouldn't fit these on a client unless I was trained and qualified in this method anyhow.

Just wish I could find out what it was because the principle (if a little fiddly) of the application is brilliant... gives a very natural fall and flow, very small, if any tension on the scalp... I am impressed!

Surely somebody from somewhere around the globe has seen/done this before? :sad:

x

Oh, and yes... put the hole in myself x

Now when I look at it it doesn't look like thread. I dont know really you can't see if is bonded but surely if its glued underneath you would just do a flat tip or it kind of defeats the purpose? So thats why I am thinking it must be something else.

Latest posts

Back