New ez flow gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
Hi guys has anybody had any problems with the new gel alternatives ? I have done a few sets inc myself and some of them have peeled a bit like rubber what am i doing wrong :cry:

Please ? :cry:

Hiya
I had the same problem , the gel is really really fexible use the clear builder gel instead and see how you get on with that?
:hug:

Hi thankyou, one lady i did use the builder gel and it still happend ? ! This lady was the worst i hate it wen you get something new and it dosent go to plan :(

i only seem to get this problem on the fingers never the toes......i think i have worked it out that i need to work in thinner layers...i dont have the problem with the clear at all...if i use it on its own.

Are you putting a layer of clear on first and curing for 30 secs??

Yep done that, the only thing i didnt do was tell the lady to top coat reg could this be it ? We wer told to sell uv30 for client to use at home

oh are they not good? I ordered mine last week! Bit disappointed now... are you using the coloured gels? or doing french?

It would be fab if thay had not peeled off the lady said thay peeled from the top and side but i did another lady and she loved them and thay wer fab !

soak off gels are more prone to peeling than buff off gels - they are not for everyone and should be used as an alternative to a manicure as a permanent colour or french finish.

they are applied like polish and are much more flexible and rubber-like compared to buff off gels

they are more likely to peel if you apply them too thin though

I have never seen or used the ez flow brand, so am speaking generically about soak off gels here hoping that it might help

also .. do not use polish remover or primer with them - use sanitiser to remove the sticky residue

did you have training for the soak off gels? or are there instructions?

Gina x

Oh so would you not use the same way as you would with the buff off gel? Cos in the kit there's a gel builder gel etc like with the buff off ones i have?? Should soak off gels only be used as a permanent french polish??

I don't know about this builder one - I imagine it's a bit thicker so that you can create a c curve or something, sculpt with it maybe?

You had better ring them and ask :)

Gina x

Yeah maybe ill give them a bell just in case..
The set seems to be pretty much the same as their buff off ones so i assume theyre ok to use the same as the others. Just got a shock there! I know what you mean though, they do have a lot of new gel polishes which would be used as permanent colour as opposed to a proper set of gels like.
Thanks x

the builder gel is for building structure with and creating a longer enhancement.....the thinner one is used like a base coat/top coat. are you getting it on all colours or just the darker ones?

If it's peeling from the free edge then I'd say you maybe haven't capped the nail.
I'vce just attended a demo evening for the alternatives and was told no NEED for the top coat so unsure why you were told they had to use UV30???

My new alternatives kit arrived on friday and I sculpted one hand with the buff off gels and the other with the soak offs and i'm actually really disappointed with them. Like Ste, they were very rubbery, they were actually bending when i put put pressure on them. I dont think i did anything wrong, I used the builder gel to sculpt and to build up the apex and the difference between the two hands is unreal! one of them actually bent so much it just fell off.
I didnt notice any pealing so i'll prob just stick to using them for NNO's, or a permanent french maybe. Really not impressed though! :(

what a shame to have spent money and to be disappointed :( I hate it when that happens.

my last thought for you is could it be your lamp?

Dont give up tho hun, try on different ladies see if you get better at it.
I wish you luck. x

I wear soak off gel no problems as NNO and always change top coat every 3 or 4 days and they last at least 2 1/2 weeks and my hands are in water most of the day :)

My new alternatives kit arrived on friday and I sculpted one hand with the buff off gels and the other with the soak offs and i'm actually really disappointed with them. Like Ste, they were very rubbery, they were actually bending when i put put pressure on them. I dont think i did anything wrong, I used the builder gel to sculpt and to build up the apex and the difference between the two hands is unreal! one of them actually bent so much it just fell off.
I didnt notice any pealing so i'll prob just stick to using them for NNO's, or a permanent french maybe. Really not impressed though! :(

I was told if you doing the nails long, then you should use the buff off to create length/strength and you could use the soak off's over this. The alternatives builder gel is ok for short enhancements? maybe that's it?

Latest posts

Back