New Fake Bake spray tan solution and finding a second solution to use!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tars

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new solution that Fake Bake have bought out? I got some last week and I'm absolutely hating the smell and it seems as if the guide colour has slightly changed too??? I was already thinking of running a second solution but have really had my finger off the pulse the last couple of years and having sat on here all morning reading the posts I guess I'll spend the afternoon requesting samples!!! Have any of you used Fake Bake before and now use something else or a second solution? I have tried Vani-T and liked it and I'm especially interested in the Velocity solution, also Nouvatan looks interesting!!! I trained with Sienna X so have used that before and still like it.......just fancy a change plus alot of Tech's in my area use it! Any help or comments would be really appriciated!!!! Thanks!!!!

Hi there

we use fake bake and la tan in out salon. I personally favour the la tan for
my clients as I love the results.

I have lots of die hard fake bakers turn to la tan.

However there are lots of great solutions out there, suntana, sienna x , tantrick, nouvatan, xen tan to name but a few!

Don't be disheartened, get those samples and have fun!

Tigi
xxxx

Hiya
I started out with fake bake but switched to sienna and now offer nouvatan aswell pm dawn or steve on here for a sample its really nice lasts well and fades evenly and smells yummy:lol:

Up to recent weeks I've used Fake Bake 90% of the time, with the odd few Aviva Express. However, my little ploughing away at a bit of Aviva Express marketing must be working because I'm now having quite a few requests for it (in fact I'm off to the shower in a minute, having been sprayed in Aviva Express at 5pm ready for my night out tonight, I just love that advantage).

Rather annoyingly I've got enough stock of the "old" Fake Bake for another month or two but I'm really keen to try the new stuff.

When you say the colour guide as changed, do you mean lighter/darker and with Original or Darker (or both)?

I love Fake Bake myself and get lots of referrals precisely because I use it, but like others have said there are so many brands to choose from nowadays you can sample them all to your heart's content.

xx

Thanks for your replies ladies.....Aviva is another one I'll have to get!!! I Just thought it was slightly lighter but a different shade too....I really don't like the smell though :-( I'll have to stock it as I have die hard Fake Bakers! Although I can try to convert them!!!
I tried a new sample last night of a solution called Unreal...have any of you heard of it....I was impressed with it and so was my guinea pig..quite a light colour guide but she said it felt like being tanned with air and it was quick drying..just gotta wait for the results!!!!

:rolleyes:
Has anyone used the new solution that Fake Bake have bought out? I got some last week and I'm absolutely hating the smell and it seems as if the guide colour has slightly changed too??? I was already thinking of running a second solution but have really had my finger off the pulse the last couple of years and having sat on here all morning reading the posts I guess I'll spend the afternoon requesting samples!!! Have any of you used Fake Bake before and now use something else or a second solution? I have tried Vani-T and liked it and I'm especially interested in the Velocity solution, also Nouvatan looks interesting!!! I trained with Sienna X so have used that before and still like it.......just fancy a change plus alot of Tech's in my area use it! Any help or comments would be really appriciated!!!! Thanks!!!!

Hi Tars

I did my spray tanning course yesterday with Nouvatan its a great proudut no smell at all you should give it a try as they also do it in a can. Woke up this morning and no orange tinge at all. I will be supplying the nouvatan to my cleints.

Nouvatan! Love it. Give Dawn or Steve a call cos everything about it is brilliant. Very cost effective, and if smell bothers you, the smell of Nouvatan is lovely, its like sweeties :D

the website is www.nouvatan.co.uk and I'm sure the number is on there. Good luck on your search!

Thanks guys....Spoke to the lovely Dawn this morning and have my samples coming! Can't wait to try them!!!!

If your already not keen on Fake Bake then your clients wont be either! So you hate the smell and the guide colour changed then your clients will see the same problems.
If i were you i would ditch the fake bake altogether.
Another name to get a sample from is Couture Professional Beauty.

Hths x

It is more the smell to me but I do have a sensitive nose! The colour giude changing slightly isnt the end of the world but I think I've lived in my Fake Bake bubble for too long and may have been silly not to run a second solution esp now as I'm more Salon based?? I tried Couture when it first came out and it was nice but if I remember correctly I didn't like the smell too much....do they have one that smells floral??? Forgive me if I'm getting confused!!!
Thanks though :)

It is more the smell to me but I do have a sensitive nose! The colour giude changing slightly isnt the end of the world but I think I've lived in my Fake Bake bubble for too long and may have been silly not to run a second solution esp now as I'm more Salon based?? I tried Couture when it first came out and it was nice but if I remember correctly I didn't like the smell too much....do they have one that smells floral??? Forgive me if I'm getting confused!!!
Thanks though :)

Yes Couture can have a bit of a weird smell. They dont have a floral smelling one unfortunately. But i know Tantrick and a few other brands have smelly lotions i.e strawberry etc.

Hths x

:rolleyes:

Hi Tars

I did my spray tanning course yesterday with Nouvatan its a great proudut no smell at all you should give it a try as they also do it in a can. Woke up this morning and no orange tinge at all. I will be supplying the nouvatan to my cleints.

Nouvatan does have a smell. My clients comment on how nice it is. It smells of mangoes :)

Latest posts

Back