'New' gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Just came across this in the Boots free magazine. £85 including an LED lamp.... Grrrrr :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336807100.393159.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336807100.393159.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 304
Boots will make a lot of money and there will be a lot of disappointed customers.

I saw this in a branch of boots earlier this week.
I'm sure some customers will try it and try telling us were too expensive but there are also those who will try it and realise what they get it what they pay for and carry on coming to us.
Doesn't look to be many colours in the range either! Xx

That's been out for a while. You'll find a thread on it if you do a search.

Boots will make a lot of money and there will be a lot of disappointed customers.

Will heart this when on comp..

Yep and wonder how long it takes for the public to run to nail techs.. Asking for help!!
Be interesting.... Wonder if it encourages unqualified to just do it anyone, can see trouble ahead! X

Will heart this when on comp..

Yep and wonder how long it takes for the public to run to nail techs.. Asking for help!!
Be interesting.... Wonder if it encourages unqualified to just do it anyone, can see trouble ahead! X

I have a client who had someone comment on her Gelish, she said she does hers herself with everything bought from Sallys athough she is not a qualified nail tech, she then offered to do my clients for £10.

You will always get the unqualified trying to do it themselves and to be quite honest if my client would rather go to some unqualified wannabe without insurance etc then she is free to do so, she will soon come back when they dont last!!

I have a client who had someone comment on her Gelish, she said she does hers herself with everything bought from Sallys athough she is not a qualified nail tech

Have you let NH know that Sally's have sold this to a member of the public?

You get what you pay for as people will find out:|xx

Have you let NH know that Sally's have sold this to a member of the public?

I asked my client how she managed to buy it and she said she went in with her sister who is qualified so has a trade card and she got it all for her, how do they stand with that as they cant prove it wasnt for the qualified one?

Ah, yes, I can't see how they could do anything. It would be just the same as if her sister had ordered it from NH for her. Nobody would be any the wiser.

It's a bit crap that she's obtaning monies by deception though. Maybe her £10 clients will get an allergy and she (and her sister) will realise it's not an easy game.

Ah, yes, I can't see how they could do anything. It would be just the same as if her sister had ordered it from NH for her. Nobody would be any the wiser.

It's a bit crap that she's obtaning monies by deception though. Maybe her £10 clients will get an allergy and she (and her sister) will realise it's not an easy game.

She obviously asked my lady how much she pays for them so then she undercut me, well my client has rebooked with me so dont think she is going anywhere, im sure others will though, the draw of a cheap treatment will be too tempting for them!

Like you say something will go wrong for her, allergy or otherwise then maybe she will learn its just not that simple after all!

I asked my client how she managed to buy it and she said she went in with her sister who is qualified so has a trade card and she got it all for her, how do they stand with that as they cant prove it wasnt for the qualified one?

Sally's so need to stop selling to people who aren't professional! Winds me up ha x

One of my clients has bought something similar from Argos I believe.....it's not a worry I've seen the end result and I can safely say there is no competition xx

I don't think we need worry lol

My sister in law had enough trouble soaking OFF her own Shellac (and she did it from a distance, properly, with my instruction), she thought it was a right old fiddle - let alone applying more!

(OK I know it's not Shellac Boots are selling but ynwim)

It could even work in our favour because tightfisted so and so's will buy this, thinking they'll be quids in. In all probability it won't last very long . . . but maybe long enough for them to think - "hey, if this lasted, wouldn't it be great?" and phone a professional to get a decent job done!

Go Boots! :cool:

Don't forget Boots sell, fake tan, waxing products etc, but we still get our clients, I don't think we need to worry though it looks like they have tried to package it similar to Shellac.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back