New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a mani I did today using "Mint of Spring". I did this same look a few weeks ago using all dahlia-ed up, like it so much I thought I'd do it again in another color. :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363066290.202400.jpg

Thought I'd post a picture of my colour fade too, absolutely gutted as dont want to offer these to clients now but love the colours.....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363376962.280543.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363376962.280543.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 412
^^^ that's terrible! Its so sad as the colours are so pretty :(

I've had issues with two of the colours - the other four I haven't used yet. I rang Harmony and they have asked that I return the whole lot for either a refund or replacement set. As mentioned on this thread already, the first couple of batches have issues but they say the newer batches are fine. I'm just taking a refund for now and I'll follow this thread and re-order again when I am more confident.....

View attachment 30159 I have just repaired my sweet morning dew, sat at my pc and within 20 mins this has happened. The layers were so thin you could hardly see them. Surely this isn't right?

Mine was the same ..... Reapplied it 3 times, the 3rd was the better out of the lot but still wrinkled a little.

Therefore I've now taken Sweet Morning Dew off my colour list.

Here's a picture of one of my clients after two weeks with He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. It has changed colour and there are pinky and greeny patches.

Its disappointing, but does not put me off Gelish. I have well over 100 colours and this is the first one I have ever had a problem with.

Also, as you can see from my picture - two weeks, no chipping, no loss of shine, not even wear at the free edge.

I have sent the colour back for a replacement. Hoping the new one will work properly because its such a great colour.

Attachments

• IMG_0389 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_0389 (960x1280).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,389
That's good to know, maybe it was just one particular batch. I'm waiting for my replacement to arrive, I really want that colour again.

Lets hope thats the case then of a dodgy batch.

I'm ordering sweet morning dew tomozz as well as Eur so chic & the toothache one, getting excited as i have so little colours here.

Here's a mani I did today using "Mint of Spring". I did this same look a few weeks ago using all dahlia-ed up, like it so much I thought I'd do it again in another color. :)

View attachment 30215

Lovely! Is the ring finger rockstar or a Gelish colour? I'm after a nice gold and wondered if this was one? X

Lovely! Is the ring finger rockstar or a Gelish colour? I'm after a nice gold and wondered if this was one? X

Thanks. It's 2 gelish colors: 2 coats of "meet the king" (gold frost) with 1 coat of "bronzed" layered on top (gold glitter)

Mine was the same ..... Reapplied it 3 times, the 3rd was the better out of the lot but still wrinkled a little.

Therefore I've now taken Sweet Morning Dew off my colour list.[/QUOTE

On another thread JoJo advised to apply the first layer of these new colours with a gel brush so its super thin (I applied the whole colour like this and it really helped me). Not sure whether its worth a try before u take any colours off your list?xx

Therefore I've now taken Sweet Morning Dew off my colour list.[/QUOTE

On another thread JoJo advised to apply the first layer of these new colours with a gel brush so its super thin (I applied the whole colour like this and it really helped me). Not sure whether its worth a try before u take any colours off your list?xx

I will try the different brush application but want to try it on myself before putting it on a client & since I've just done my nails in Rendezvous & Princess Tiara, ill wait a couple of weeks before taking this current 1 off.
I'm not going to have many clients in during this time, I'm never that busy !!

Just out of interest I can see Lucy's nails have lasted well but has anyone else had problem with wear? Mine have been on for just over a week and have some wear but have had a full week with nails/waxing and facials!! Just want to be prepared as have used them a fair bit this week x

I mean put them on clients x

What's the 'summeriest' looking green gelish colour?

What's the 'summeriest' looking green gelish colour?

I would think amazon flirt is. It's a neon green. If that's too bright for you then mint of spring.

I mean put them on clients x

I've had absolutely no problem with wear, chipping or loss of shine with these new colours on clients, plus I think the removal is slightly quicker.

I have had wrinkling with a couple of the colours but I was told by nail harmony that there is more colour pigment in some of the colours so the first layer had to be really thin almost transparent and cure for 60 secs instead if 30 seconds if using an led light. So I will have to try this out!

I contacted nail harmony about it and followed their advice (they were really helpful) while I prepped the nails I sat the bottle of colour in a little bowl of warm water to heat it up, and when I came to use it, the consistency was much thinner, it painted on much better, I did thin coats and it cured absolutely fine in the usual 30 secs I've tested it a few times now and had no problems since xx

I contacted nail harmony about it and followed their advice (they were really helpful) while I prepped the nails I sat the bottle of colour in a little bowl of warm water to heat it up, and when I came to use it, the consistency was much thinner, it painted on much better, I did thin coats and it cured absolutely fine in the usual 30 secs I've tested it a few times now and had no problems since xx

This is interesting. I'm going to try this method next time. Did you not do your first coat with a gel brush then? As I find doing this very tedious & takes longer xx

Latest posts

Back