New Girl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel81

Reaction score
Just like to say hi to everyone. I'm the new girl!!
icon_redface.gif

I would like to train to be a nail tech. Could anyone recommend an on-line course (that you've maybe done?). Or if there's anyone local to Co. Durham, are there any suitable courses around here? Any help would be much appriciated.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hi ya welcome to the site if you go to the top of the page under search type in education you should find a number courses you can also type in creative they do a foundation course there phone number has been left on here a number of times and they have courses running all over the uk, also do u have a local wholesalers capital for example normally they run courses such as star nails and lots more hth

kel81 said:
Just like to say hi to everyone. I'm the new girl!!
icon_redface.gif

I would like to train to be a nail tech. Could anyone recommend an on-line course (that you've maybe done?). Or if there's anyone local to Co. Durham, are there any suitable courses around here? Any help would be much appriciated.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi new girl and welcome to the site!!! Now you've found us you'll never look back.

With regards to learning and training to become a nail technician, I personally really don't think you can beat going into a training room environment, with someone teaching you that specializes in 'nails', using reputable products.

You can ask questions until your heart is content, network with others in the same situation as you (which is always useful) and be watched over and guided by an 'expert'.

If you were to try and learn on line, how would you know if you were going wrong, picking up bad habits etc...???

Just my opinion, hope it helps a little.

Jenny

CND Master Technician

hi, you'll get so addicted to this site! Everyone is so helpful, so you'll never be stuck on problems. there is a home learn site, a couple of the geeks have used this, i think its at essential nails (calling all geeks please correct me if im wrong). most have said they thought the course was good.

i personally prefer 1-2-1 i did the nvq thru my local adult education, it is held once a week (evenings) and runs in line with school holidays, you can go off and practice on friends in-between sessions, and when you have problems the tutor is there to guide, and show u how to do it. you also make some really good friends. so not only do u get a good qualification, u have a year to learn and practice and have someone there to hold ure hand. you do natural manicure, gel, l&p and wraps, i beleive it has slightly changed and you now do nail art and pedicure.

creative are really good, im doing a conversion course with them soon. but you can do the whole thing straight off with them (again face-2-face with a tutor). it would be best to start off with the spa manicure and pedicure and then do extensions, and this previous knowledge will help, go on their website and e-mail them, they will send out loadsa info. i've just received all of mine. www.creativenailacademy.com

hope this helps!

oh it would also be a good idea to do a search for previous threads on this subject.

Ne-way good luck to you for your future in nails!:)

x

Thanks alot for the info!! I'll try the searches and see what pops up....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back