New here... Gel Cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catswhiskas

Reaction score
Hi I am new here and relatively new to nails... I am having terrible problems with my gel cracking. I am using Star Nails GF21 gel. It is fine once first applied but within 24 starts to crack..... I was previously using a different star nails gel and did not have this problem with it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

May be worth checking if you are curing it for long enough, or if you think you are your bulbs could be due a change?

I am curing for 2 mins as per the instructions on pack.... do you think they might need changing? I didn't know that was necessary? Thanks for replying :)

Hi there!

I would be inclined to agree usually for me i'm ready for a bulb change if this starts happening (Bit crap at estimating when i should be changing them!!!)

I do use Bio Sculpture though so may not be the same for you!!!
:rolleyes:

For normal to heavy usage your bulbs will more than likely need changing every 4-6 months, for light usage every 12 months.

Are you sure your application isn't too thin?

hth's

are you applying the gel over tips or sculpting.....?

Hi guys... I am applying over tips... I have changed my bulbs, done myself a new set and it is still cracking. I have tried 3 different types of gel..... I do three layers one thin, one thick and one finish all with the same gel as mentioned. Argh this is driving me mad!

Are you building the stress area sufficiently ?

I think so..... I am doing it as per the guide on here now too and it is still cracking :cry:

I think so..... I am doing it as per the guide on here now too and it is still cracking :cry:

I think your answer is a one 2 one with your trainer for the product you are using.

I'm sorry, I can't think of anything else. I use Brisa gel and the only time it has cracked is if I have not built the stress area sufficiently

I will try that but it never happened with the previous gel.

are you using white tips? Clear tips? Natural tips?

i use this gel and have no probs with it

i woudl suggest you give star nails a call and see if they can help

Latest posts

Back