new here.... manicures??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesbica

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have been looking at this site for over a mnth now and love it but have a quick question... what is a true manicure where you can charge the client... the steps.... i have just started a nail course which will get me certificate 2 in nail technology in australia....

thanks guys

Jes

Hello there & welcome to the board :D

You will find this varies from technician to technician, but my Hand Treatments run-down looks like this:

Polish Only
As it sounds ;) - £5.00

File and Polish
File free edge, gently push back cuticle (with cuticle pusher or orange stick covered in cotton wool), polish - £8.00

Qtica Luxury Manicure (approx 45 mins)
File free edge, apply cuticle treatment, soak nails in Hygienic Elegance and warm water solution, cuticle work (push back and remove excess), "peel" (exfoliation) of hand and forearm, application of intensive moisturiser, heated mitts, massage, polish - £16.00 (or £14 if requested without mitts)

Qtica Smart Spa Manicure (approx 1 hr 15 mins)
File free edge, apply cuticle treatment, soak nails in Qtica Smart Spa peppermint soak and warm water solution, cuticle work (push back and remove excess), exfoliation if hands and forearms using Qtica Smart Spa Mandarin Honey Salt Scrub, application of Qtica Smart Spa White Tea moisture mask, heated mitts, massage using Qtica Smart Spa Citrus Massage Oil, polish - £23.00

*All of the above include a choice of OPI polish, French or American Manicure.

I would definitely add extra for paraffin wax or warm oil treatments though.

You will probably find that your college has a set routine to follow that probably won't include things like a hand and arm exfoliation or application of a mask but you should be given a course book with full step-by-step instructions of the requirements to fulfill a "manicure" to pass the course. Much of this will depend on the syllabus and which products your college use.

How your manicure service plans out ("the steps" as you put it) when you have qualified will greatly depend on which company's system/products you decide to use on your clients. Always a good idea to offer more than one option tho.

HTHS. x

hi welcome to the geek!

on my price list i do,

the quick fix, which is your very basic shape, buff, cuticle n polish,etc

then mini manicure, which is soak, shape, buff, cuticle, massage, polish, etc

then luxury,

all the above but with hot mits with parafin wax, and exfoliation.

i know i've not put the step by step just putting the breif, breif, description! LOL

Latest posts

Back