New Here!! Need some advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miami

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

Have enjoyed reading your posts and got some real good info, wondering if you could help me on a few things thouhg.

I have enrolled onto a Nail Technology course NVQ level 3 which is due to start next week, would any of you know if this qualification is sufficient to work as a nail tech and do you know if i can work on this without having done any level 2 work? The course tutor i enrolled with was the Beauty Therapy tutor and she didnt know much! I did do the first year of my BTEC in Beauty Therapy a few yrs ago but decided to drop out at the time.

Any advice would be much appreciated! What are the best nail systems to use and what mag should i subscribe to?

A confused but happy Miami x x x

Hi

I would start with L+P , then do gel then a wrap system.

Hi Tracy

Sorry to sound so dumb but could you explain what L&P is!

Claire x x

Miami said:
Hi Guys & Gals,

Have enjoyed reading your posts and got some real good info, wondering if you could help me on a few things thouhg.

I have enrolled onto a Nail Technology course NVQ level 3 which is due to start next week, would any of you know if this qualification is sufficient to work as a nail tech and do you know if i can work on this without having done any level 2 work? The course tutor i enrolled with was the Beauty Therapy tutor and she didnt know much! I did do the first year of my BTEC in Beauty Therapy a few yrs ago but decided to drop out at the time.

Any advice would be much appreciated! What are the best nail systems to use and what mag should i subscribe to?

A confused but happy Miami x x x

I posted an answer but it's gone missing!?

NVQ 3 is definately good enough to work, it is very in depth. It does not include manicure and pedicure as thi is in Level2 but you prob did this in beauty. You will have to do all systems in L3 so you will bw able to choose yourself.

The only comment I would make is that you should make sure you are being taught by a very experienced nail person and not a therapist who has done a couple of short courses! The Level is too advanced for thst.

Good luck
Marian

Miami said:
Hi Tracy

Sorry to sound so dumb but could you explain what L&P is!

Claire x x

Hi Miami

Your not dumb!! :lol: If you don't ask you don't get any answers!

L+P is liquid and powder.

I always start my trainee's off on this as i personally think its one of the best systems and the hardest to master! IMO

I find that if they can do L+P the rest just flows easily.

mum said:
I posted an answer but it's gone missing!?

NVQ 3 is definately good enough to work, it is very in depth. It does not include manicure and pedicure as thi is in Level2 but you prob did this in beauty. You will have to do all systems in L3 so you will bw able to choose yourself.

The only comment I would make is that you should make sure you are being taught by a very experienced nail person and not a therapist who has done a couple of short courses! The Level is too advanced for thst.

Good luck
Marian
Hi Marian

Think i posted two threads! Thanks for getting back to me and giving me the great advice. I have replyed to the other post aswell now!

Claire x

Little Angel said:
Hi Miami

Your not dumb!! :lol: If you don't ask you don't get any answers!

L+P is liquid and powder.

I always start my trainee's off on this as i personally think its one of the best systems and the hardest to master! IMO

I find that if they can do L+P the rest just flows easily.
Hi Tracy

Cheers for getting back to me, we all have to start somewhere!

Claire x

Miami said:
Hi Tracy

Cheers for getting back to me, we all have to start somewhere!

Claire x

Hi

No problem! anytime!

Good luck with your training keep us up to date if you need help just hollar!

Latest posts

Back