New Jane Iredale account

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinpassion

Mrsferg
Reaction score
Hi everyone I used to use Jane iredale ins spa I worked in and loved it. I have recently opened a salon within a busy hair salon with a older demographic and would love to take it on! Any ideas on min opening order? Would you recommend?

Hi SkinPassion, I used this product about 10 years ago & I'm still using some products now. I spent about £700 on my opening order but that did give me a very good range if not everything at that time. Good luck.

The opening order has risen considerably since then. I'd contact the company and get the latest info. I've had them in my salon for many years and love them x

Thanks I did love it when I used it before. I need a make up kit for bridal/ balls as I'm in a busy high end hair salon and I'd love to buy all individual items but wouldn't know where to start and don't have a lot of time on my hands. I also feel that it's the right demographic to sell the retail it's in village of wealthy older people. We used to have huge success with their events. However I thought min opening order was only around £500?! Eeek! Seeing a rep this werk

Hi i took it on last year, the opening order was just short of £3000, unfortunately it just did not work for me i tried all ways to promote it and just could not sell it. The make up is lovely but it didnt work for my business

I think you can get an account for less than that. What a shame it didn't work out for you. I've had the range for many years but it's only in the last 3 that it's really taken off for me x

I think you can get an account for less than that. What a shame it didn't work out for you. I've had the range for many years but it's only in the last 3 that it's really taken off for me x

What do you think changed for you?

I got a proper display and decided to actively retail. We retail about £300 pw in make up now. We do make overs all the time, completely free of charge and really let our enthusiasm show x

Hi everyone I used to use Jane iredale ins spa I worked in and loved it. I have recently opened a salon within a busy hair salon with a older demographic and would love to take it on! Any ideas on min opening order? Would you recommend?
I also have just enquired its around £150 for the mobile kit I think this is what I was quoted from the IIAA rep a while ago not sure if it was without VAT I have another meeting with her on the 1st sep I too have just opened my own business and used Jane iredale in spas xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a proper display and decided to actively retail. We retail about £300 pw in make up now. We do make overs all the time, completely free of charge and really let our enthusiasm show x

Thanks fantastic! X

I also have just enquired its around £150 for the mobile kit I think this is what I was quoted from the IIAA rep a while ago not sure if it was without VAT I have another meeting with her on the 1st sep I too have just opened my own business and used Jane iredale in spas xx

That's a good rate and it's well known. X

I wasn't told about a mobile kit and was quoted min £1.5k

Hi I am so in love with the products and very passionate about them. I am just a little concerned with the big outlay. The rrp of he products has gone up a lot since I worked with them and worried people may not buy so you get many comments about the price? Do you have any photos of bridal make up you have done with it at all?

Hi I am so in love with the products and very passionate about them. I am just a little concerned with the big outlay. The rrp of he products has gone up a lot since I worked with them and worried people may not buy so you get many comments about the price? Do you have any photos of bridal make up you have done with it at all?
Not with me no.
Re the price. I retail a lot because our clientele tend to be coming for treatment facials. They spend on their skincare and facials so they will logically spend on their make up if they grasp the difference between JI and high street. I've had the range since about 2004 and back then a Pure Pressed base was about £38. It's now £44 for the first one, but refills are £32 so actually not much more than when I started. We occasionally do 20% off days which go down really well and will also do a discount for a big purchase. We often have clients literally replacing everything with JI and will spend in the region of £250.

I can't tell you if it will be a success but when I started out the opening package was around £500. That was huge for me and I had to get a loan. 3 months later, I added the global colours to my collection and about a week later I had a big Asian wedding. Their spend was in the region of £350 so I was covering my outlay very quickly but my retail was poor. Now I retail and only do a few weddings, usually for existing clients. I don't advertise them as I generate more income in salon x

Latest posts

Back