New Koleston Perfect Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretchin1

Reaction score
Has any one changed to the new koleston range?
I know nothing about it & contacted my rep today. He said he’d be in touch soon with some information for the salon.
Is it the same colour choice? Has the cost of product gone up? And do wella take your old stock back?
Or is it just a case of starting again?

The price is all going up, and the reps don't know enough about it.

They say you can use it to gloss now aswell with the new 4%, so i asked why would i need colour touch... they couldnt tell me :(

I’m so confused I tried to place an order today & the rep said most of the colours had sold out. So I guess I’ll have to change at some point. It was just a bit of a shock that they are low on stock, and not given me any information to prepare.
Yeah you have a good point so will the colour touch be discontinued? I was told that the inosense range is no longer available 2

I’m so confused I tried to place an order today & the rep said most of the colours had sold out. So I guess I’ll have to change at some point. It was just a bit of a shock that they are low on stock, and not given me any information to prepare.
Yeah you have a good point so will the colour touch be discontinued? I was told that the inosense range is no longer available 2
Yeah innocence is no longer available because the ME that was in innocence is now going to be in Koleston. So there is no need for innocence.

They are not getting rid of colour touch at the moment, but it doesn't make any sense to stick it if you can use Koleston with a lower developer as a gloss.

glossing is different to using colour touch.
with the glossing it is 1:1:1 with the colour developer and conditioner. (same as you would with illumina) the technology in the new ME+ koleston is similar to illumina with he Microlight technology and surrounds the copper on the hair to give beautiful shine etc. using it as a gloss in this way it sits on the cuticle to give the shine and tonal different which is not permanent.

using the new 4% you will get a defined demarcation line as it still penetrates into the cortex and saturates the hair with pigment.

colour touch is ammonia free and the makeup of it having both large and small molecules it still sits on and in the cuticle giving a softer demarcation line when the hair grows when used in pre shampoos towel dried hair.

I'm fed up ringing and them saying half my order is out of stock! I've resulted in ordering from salon connections at the moment. Same price +1 free tube for every 10 you buy! BARGAIN!
I challenged wella on their prices, statibg that we had a gold account, hvve been with them for about 15 years, and I can buy the colour cheaper from a smaller supplier, than I can directly from the company with a discount (because of the account benefits) of course none could answer the question! The reply we had was "we try our best to resolve any issues /queries as soon as possible. Your representative will contact you with a breakdown of your prices and account benefits etc"....
Best part about it was our "representative" had been on the sick for 10 months and we hadn't seen a single sole from wella the whole time! Neither did we here a peep from them! A rep turned up a few months ago, introduced himself, proud as punch! Then I let it rip, realed off theb issues I've had, how we've been neglected, and definitely not valued! And then he checked our account to then say we'd missed the opportunity to use our salon advantage points! I was furious! Although I did stay professional, and as polite as possible!
Needless to say I haven't heard from him since! Why would anyone want to spend that much money with a company when all you get in return is, being ripped off, lack of knowledge, lack of support, lack of stock, lack of reps, lack of interest! No thank you!

I feel the same about our rep really. He still hasn’t been to see me with any information. I opened my salon 8 years ago & the rep told me they didn’t do the advantage points anymore. Then again when he did come in & tell me if I bought so many tubes I’d get free stuff, I never did. I was promised a free I pad once & never received it & no one could give me any answers.
I don’t like the way we’ve been treat either but I’m not sure which brand to change to, after working with it over 20 years. I find ordering direct from wella is more expensive sometimes as well.

Latest posts

Back