New lash extension business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missxnaomi

Reaction score
Hi

I'm due to take an eyelash extension course in march and I'm currently planning my set up. I would like some advise on whether or not I should do mobile/work from home or rent a treatment room. My idea was to lash my friends and friends of friends and hopefully by then I will have enough experience/confidence to run my business from a salon, am I being realistic with this idea or will I need much more experience than this before renting my own room? The reason for not wanting to work from home is I don't really have the space and have young children a dog etc so its not the most professional environment and my partner isn't keen on me being mobile as he thinks its unsafe.

I would really appreciate your thoughts...
Thanks

personally I would suggest doing a lot of practice on your friends and those around you first like you said. The maybe try mobile for a bit first to build up some clients and get a feel for how busy you will be. when you say salon do you mean renting a room somewhere?

Ok thanks, yes rent a room inside a nail bar or hair salon, that way they already have a client base I can target. I’m not too keen doing mobile, carrying everything etc but I have a lot of family and friends interested so hopefully should get enough practice on them and I’m thinking about a mannequin head to also practice on when I don’t have clients.

Can I ask what course you are doing and who with please, I'm just coming back after 4 year away from beauty treatments x

Latest posts

Back