New Law?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady R

Reaction score
I have been made aware of a new law that came into effect last nov regarding the colouring of under 16's hair. I was told that even with parental consent they could not have their hair coloured and that salons could no longer correct home dye colour disasters!

Is this correct? We obviously do not want to fall foul of UK law. Please help!!!!

I have been made aware of a new law that came into effect last nov regarding the colouring of under 16's hair. I was told that even with parental consent they could not have their hair coloured and that salons could no longer correct home dye colour disasters!

Is this correct? We obviously do not want to fall foul of UK law. Please help!!!!

I believe this is a new EU directive. We use matrix colours and all the new tubes have this printed on them ;)

That's what I found out last year. In fact the Matrix consultation sheets actually state that if the client is under 16 then you should not colour.

Goldwell also insist on this, so I would presume everyone should be following the same criteria.

It's such a shame really, we are turning regular clients away. All they will do is go out and buy box colours!

I think we covered this in a thread a while back.
Its silly in a way because we all know what teenagers will do.
They go off and colour with a shelf colour,it goes wrong,they colour again and again,which is so much more dangerous in causing a reaction than if they came to a proffesional in a salon in the first place,not to mention the condition the hairs left in afterwards.
Pain in the butt for all concerned if you ask me
:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back