New microblading tech looking for best pigment to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gracetse82

Reaction score
Hello, I just finished a microblading course, and now looking to getting set up. I've got a million questions about business setup, if home is better to start for someone who does not have a client base, renting a room per use or rent per month... Etc, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Now, for all you microbladers out there, what is your choice of pigment? How do you like it, and how did you decide to use it? Are there any sites online comparing different brands? Maybe reviews of different types? I'm confused on the iron oxides vs organic. My instructors swears by last impressions. Anyone heard of it, what are your reviews on it?

Also, anyone know of good sites or resources teaching about color theory and color correction? My class did not go too much in detail, and I feel is important to get a good grasp on it.

An y info on these questions would be greatly appreciated!!

I use phibrows pigment and love it. It has great retention and easy to use... as in you don't need to mix colours. If you follow the microblading world community on Facebook and microblading sisterhood you will learn so much!

I use phibrows pigment and love it. It has great retention and easy to use... as in you don't need to mix colours. If you follow the microblading world community on Facebook and microblading sisterhood you will learn so much!
Hiya I hope you don't mind me asking who you trained with for your microblading? As I'm due to go on training and it sounds as though a lot of people end up using other pigments from different companies, are the training companies funny about this or do people tend to mix and match their pigments? X

I trained with elite first, I found their pigments turned quite grey, I retrained with phibrows(I didn't find my first training was good enouvb) and I've stuck with their pigments, they heal lovely! You can just buy from their site, it doesn't matter who you've trained with before.

Sorry for jumping in here. I'm a hairdresser and I've not trained in microblading although I have been thinking about getting my brows done. I have a question... a few of my clients have had them done and afterwards it looks great you can see the individual strokes and it looks really natural but one of my clients were in and had had her top up the month before but it looked really blurred, you couldn't see the strokes anymore. So my question is does the hair stroke look only last a little while? Is this because the pigments disperse through the skin giving it a more blurred block look?

I trained with elite first, I found their pigments turned quite grey, I retrained with phibrows(I didn't find my first training was good enouvb) and I've stuck with their pigments, they heal lovely! You can just buy from their site, it doesn't matter who you've trained with before.
That's really good to know thank you x

Sorry for jumping in here. I'm a hairdresser and I've not trained in microblading although I have been thinking about getting my brows done. I have a question... a few of my clients have had them done and afterwards it looks great you can see the individual strokes and it looks really natural but one of my clients were in and had had her top up the month before but it looked really blurred, you couldn't see the strokes anymore. So my question is does the hair stroke look only last a little while? Is this because the pigments disperse through the skin giving it a more blurred block look?

From what ive seen the strokes definitely soften as they heal and look a lot softer. Many of the pictures of microblading are when they are first done so look a lot crisper than the heeled finish x

That's a shame if that's the case I think it looks great when you can see the Hair strokes but I am not keen on the blurred block look at all.

Hello, I just finished a microblading course, and now looking to getting set up. I've got a million questions about business setup, if home is better to start for someone who does not have a client base, renting a room per use or rent per month... Etc, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Now, for all you microbladers out there, what is your choice of pigment? How do you like it, and how did you decide to use it? Are there any sites online comparing different brands? Maybe reviews of different types? I'm confused on the iron oxides vs organic. My instructors swears by last impressions. Anyone heard of it, what are your reviews on it?

Also, anyone know of good sites or resources teaching about color theory and color correction? My class did not go too much in detail, and I feel is important to get a good grasp on it.

An y info on these questions would be greatly appreciated!!
Hey, if you want to learn about colour theory. I'd suggest going onto any art site. Artists understand better than anyone out there what it's all about.. put it into your search engine, you'll be shocked at what you learn. I'm an artist myself so it's the best advice I can give to anyone undergoing training for this industry. Good luck 🙂

Latest posts

Back