New Minx!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the new minx works as it says no heat application needed?!

I was wondering this, I just got the email.

I could be really wrong. But the impression i was given was its like a nail 'sticker' rub it on and trim making sure no air bubbles etc..

I just started educating myself on minx.. But how would it be removed? Acetone?
I think they can be retailed to clients so i assume the actual process couldnt be that difficult.

Either way, i wanna try these out on myself for summer lol

If this is right then the start up costs for minx are going to be significantly lower for therapists now. Not having to buy a lamp would be a bonus for me!

If this is right then the start up costs for minx are going to be significantly lower for therapists now. Not having to buy a lamp would be a bonus for me!
i was wondering if you stuck them on, couldn't think of how else to attach them. Nope no lamp which is a huge saving and also you wouldn't need to do a course for this I wouldn't imagine. Not sure about insurance tho if there's no course. Will be interesting to find out more.

Ahhh I've just bought my minx lamp!! Typical! Lol x

Surely this will also mean that peoples minx lamps will now be useless?

The email I got also said good for retail...removing the need to do the training?

I have just looked at the new designa on s2, bit disappointed the silver chrome one isn't on there :(

Surely this will also mean that peoples minx lamps will now be useless?
Im really disappointed once again with sweet squared / cnd, iv spent out so
Much on minx with 2 lamps and numerous designs and marketing and now they have bought out a new version where my lamps are obsolete ! It's the icing on the cake for me after bringing out LED lamps and lack of colour choice with shellac! Sorry all,
rant over ! Grrrr [emoji16]

I spoke to S2 and basically yes the new Minx doesn't need heat but they still said for a professional service we can use heat (I did my minx training with them years ago), so the application and finish will still be a pro service, clients won't get the same results if they use it at home & if you decide to retail it in the salon. The new minx is thinner than the old one and I've been told great for nail designs...

How long should it last and how do you remove it

Has anyone found a you tube video of the new minx??

It's getting to the stage where there seems little use for professional therapists hoew can we be taken seriously when professional equipment etc is being made easier and retailed to clients and anyone can go off do day courses and go self employed charging stupidly low prices! I'm going to be left with a lamp I can't sell or waste space keeping it when there is ne need for it!

On the up side, there are some good bargains on the S2 site for the old type (I just ordered some). I'd like to try the new ones to see if they are easier to apply and I like the idea of more bigger sizes (about time they did that), but I just can't justify buying when I have so many of the old type and a lamp. I tried the Dashing Diva DX range, I wish there were more styles in that brand, they are really easy to apply, much easier than original Minx.

Has anyone got any more information on this??

I have been using the new Minx and am in love!
I still personally use heat as it speeds up the service time-the new minx take an instant to wilt in the heat compared to holding the old type in the heat for a few seconds. I found the finished result had less creasing etc too as they are thinner.
I'm still going to charge the same amount in salon for the service, it'll just take me shorter time so I can fit more clients in :)
I plan on retailing them for double the trade price too, as I have clients who only come to me for their hands and never dream of paying to have their feet done professionally, they just maybe buy the odd bottle of Vinylux from me. I think the retailing will benefit me with clients like these-okay, they may be more expensive than the type they can buy in chemists etc but I think when I explain they will get over 2 sets out of them they will go for it.
Although I found the heat from a 100W desk lamp sufficient, I'm still going to keep the Minx lamp as I work in a cold room and in the winter it's nice to warm up the desk quickly to get the products to room temperature-plus I use it as my heat source for IBX.

BTW, Sweet Squared will still be offering the Minx class for those who want to do it, we will just be using both types of Minx on the class for the time being.

Latest posts

Back