New nail bar advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I’m starting a new nail bar within a salon and was looking advice. I’ve trained in manicure and pedicure and also gel polish. I was wondering about what people in salons do about hygiene.

In manicure training we had a crazy amount of towels per client. In gel polish they used the one that were not changed in between. Do you usually use maybe disposable towels over the top?

For files I use Mundo spray. But for tools we would have barbacided between clients for manicure but just sprayed mundo on tools for gel polish. Is there actual rules?Do you get clients to wash hands or just spray?

Do you use any points of sale to male more money? Cuticle oil is all I can think of.

My station is set up with two swivel chairs, for people who offer pedicures have you a pic of how you offer them?

Just even advice in general of starting up would be great. Or links to articles including things like record keeping.

Have a spare set of tools so one can be soaking whilst you use the other.
I use couch roll and change this and spray the work surface between every client.
I retail cuticle oil and removal kits.

Have a spare set of tools so one can be soaking whilst you use the other.
I use couch roll and change this and spray the work surface between every client.
I retail cuticle oil and removal kits.

Thanks for replying! [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back