new nail comp rules?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby lou

Reaction score
Just wondered if everyone is 100% sure about the new comp rules for g-mex?

I have read them several times and am still not sure about a few things!

Am I right in thinking that the northern championships is the new level 3 or not?

If so then if you do that one on the sunday does it mean you can't enter sculpting on the mon?

I have placed in salon nail art comps, not tip and overlay, so will I have to enter this cat?

Also, 'fancy french', 10% of the overall design can be nail art? wots 10%?

Sorry for sounding thick:rolleyes:! xx

HELPPPPPPPPP?!!!!!:eek:

Anyone?!!!!

Lou xx

( I take it you are all in bed and will have LOADS of answers for me tomorrow! Goodnight!!):zzz:

Just wondered if everyone is 100% sure about the new comp rules for g-mex?

I have read them several times and am still not sure about a few things!

Am I right in thinking that the northern championships is the new level 3 or not?
Yes thats right
If so then if you do that one on the sunday does it mean you can't enter sculpting on the mon?
You can do sculpting on mon yes hun
I have placed in salon nail art comps, not tip and overlay, so will I have to enter this cat?
I'm not too sure on this one actually hun!!!
Also, 'fancy french', 10% of the overall design can be nail art? wots 10%?
I would also like to know this as i am just guessing at the mo lol
Sorry for sounding thick:rolleyes:! xx

Sorry i couldn't help with all your questions chic but hope i helped alittle, booked my hotel room tonight i'm so excited.

Just to let you all know the Ibis hotel still has alot of rooms and its only a 5 min walk from G-MEX, 0161 2340 600 and twin rooms are £59 with an extra £5.35 per person for breaky.

Hope this helps someone xx

Thanks Kirsty, enjoy florida first!! xx

Wouldn't it make more sense if you want the definitive answers to contact the organisers rather than asking others to speculate ... which really is not or may not be the truth of the matters you are asking about?

Hi Lou,

I too am a bit confused as to whether I need to enter the normal L&P Tip & overlay at 'level 3' or whether I need to enter the Northern championships!! Think I feel a phone call to Rachel coming on!! Still don't know if I'm going to do the Fancy French yet or not as trying to get my head around what you can and can't do!!

Are you taking the plunge and going for sculpting on Mon too? You dare devil you!!

Lou and Kirsty Just wana say good luck to you both on the day:hug:

Wouldn't it make more sense if you want the definitive answers to contact the organisers rather than asking others to speculate ... which really is not or may not be the truth of the matters you are asking about?

Yes it would, but thought I would see if anybody else had got the definitive answers off the organisers first. Also, it's nice to get others opinions on the subject too.

Any excuse to have a chat with my geeky mates I suppose!!:lol:

I believe if you have placed first in a div 3 or div 2 comp then you are in the Northern and or Southern Championship (if it had gone ahead, Southern that is)....if you placed but didn't win you can apply to enter the Northern/Southern Championship......otherwise, it's everyone back, other than the first placers in Div 2 or 3......that's how I read it anyways!.....

Gives many more competitors the chance of a first place this way, so the people who placed say in Div 2 came 3rd, they stay in Div 2 and have the chance of coming first next time, instead of having to go straight into Div 3.

I think that's good.

Im just as confused as you guys, and i organise it!!!! No, only kidding but i do have to say, its new to us to. I didnt write the new rules for any of the Manchester cats, so if anyone does have questions, please do call me and i will do my best to help. You can also call Denise Wright who wrote the rules and will answer your questions on 01474 707077.

The rules for the championship are about to be updated in the next few days as we are trying to make things clearer as you are not the only ones confused.

The championships -
You can use tips or forms with any overlay system. This now also includes wraps. Anyone using wraps must be aware that they cannot gain full marks as there will be no smile lines to judge.

Anyone who has won (been placed first) in any national nail competition using tips or sculpt is allowed to enter. Those who have been placed 2nd or 3rd can also nomintate themselves. This includes the old style level 2 but does not include the old novice cat or any nail art cats. Ie if you have won the Novice or the freehand nail art only, you cannot enter the championships.

Those who have been placed 1st, even if they chose not to enter the championships cannot enter any other tip and overlay cat.

Anyone who has been placed anywhere in anything or has never even entered before, or who is entering the championships can still enter the sculpting on the Monday. Sculpting is open to all but has no seperate levels now, so beginners are going up against the big boys.

The Fancy French. The 10% nail art bit allows you to include minor flat nail art to highlight your design such as rhinestones. The main work must all be completed using french colours in L & P or Gel to create swirls and patterns above the french line, which does not have to be a crescent smile line.

I hope that makes a bit more sense! Good luck!

Im just as confused as you guys, and i organise it!!!! No, only kidding but i do have to say, its new to us to. I didnt write the new rules for any of the Manchester cats, so if anyone does have questions, please do call me and i will do my best to help. You can also call Denise Wright who wrote the rules and will answer your questions on 01474 707077.

The rules for the championship are about to be updated in the next few days as we are trying to make things clearer as you are not the only ones confused.

The championships -
You can use tips or forms with any overlay system. This now also includes wraps. Anyone using wraps must be aware that they cannot gain full marks as there will be no smile lines to judge.

Anyone who has won (been placed first) in any national nail competition using tips or sculpt is allowed to enter. Those who have been placed 2nd or 3rd can also nomintate themselves. This includes the old style level 2 but does not include the old novice cat or any nail art cats. Ie if you have won the Novice or the freehand nail art only, you cannot enter the championships.

Those who have been placed 1st, even if they chose not to enter the championships cannot enter any other tip and overlay cat.

Anyone who has been placed anywhere in anything or has never even entered before, or who is entering the championships can still enter the sculpting on the Monday. Sculpting is open to all but has no seperate levels now, so beginners are going up against the big boys.

The Fancy French. The 10% nail art bit allows you to include minor flat nail art to highlight your design such as rhinestones. The main work must all be completed using french colours in L & P or Gel to create swirls and patterns above the french line, which does not have to be a crescent smile line.

I hope that makes a bit more sense! Good luck!

Not in the slightest.....lol

Ive just read my post back and i hope i havent confused you all! It was 11pm last night and i should have tucked up in bed!

Please call me if you have any questions!

Thanks Rachel, things are slightly clearer now! xx

Latest posts

Back