New nail tech, The Gel Bottle chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anacabana

Reaction score
We have a new nail tech and are using The Gel Bottle polishes. 90% of clients polish has stayed on fine. But two girls who are friends who both had their nails done on the same day have sent me picture of large chips on their nails just two days after application, can anyone think of a reason this might have happened? We are getting them in for a redo but it’s just so puzzling B5DE0747-6A9D-442F-8A26-161132B30732.jpeg

Are you using TGB lamp? If they are under cured they’ll chip easily

Are you giving aftercare advice and are they following it? Some of my first clients had this exact problem and it was because they weren’t following aftercare advice!

What would you include in aftercare advice? I just wanna make sure Im giving enough info to my clients. I have just started doing nails. Thank you

Aftercare advice should include:
- wear rubber gloves when washing up, cleaning, gardening
- use cuticle oil (ideally twice every day)
- don’t use nails as tools I.e. when opening cans/tins etc.
- never pick or peel the polish as this damages the natural nail plate
- be more careful for the first 24hrs following application (avoid intense heat from saunas etc.)
To help your clients remember, it might be a good idea to type up some aftercare cards (or if you google TGB aftercare there should be a printable version) you can then hand these out following your appointment. Also, buy some cuticle oils and sell them to your clients! I advise mine to keep it next to their bed and put it on in the morning & again at night. I also give them little tips and tricks that I use such as using a knife to lift ring pulls, having 2 pairs of rubber gloves (one for washing up and one for cleaning). Eventually they will get in to the habit of looking after their nails! It just takes practice! Some people also offer a free 48hr after service if nails chip or break - this is up to you but might be a good idea
Hope this helps!!! :)

Latest posts

Back