New Nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebC

Reaction score
I have just completed my 3 days training in Leeds and have my assessment in 2 weeks...has anyone any advise on the assessment, I haven't done an exam in years and am really nervous that I'll get brain block..:o

On a happier note I'm loving the new challenge of nails...:biggrin: and have plenty off willing suspects to practice on!!!

Dont worry about the exam i was exactly the same when i took mine but when u get into the flow of answering the questions u then relise u know more than u think good luck keep us posted on how u do

Hi Deb,

Im feeling exactly like you hun. My exam is Monday and Im pooping myself :eek:
Theory in the morning, practical in afternoon. Im scared Im gonna have a total mind block the last exam I took was 10 yrs ago G.C.S.E's.

Good Luck for your exam

yeah I'm like you 12 years ago and GCSE's...I'm just figuring out how to learn from text..forgot the revision tips its been that long..

Looking forward to the practical tho..

Thanks for the support...good luck to you too!

It really isn`t too bad as exams go. I can fully sympathize with you cos I was exactly the same but you do get through it.
God knows why I put myself through it time and again but I do so it can`t be that bad, lol.
Although if you ask Ruth, she`ll confirm how nervous we were about the last one we took and once done, you have to wonder why the nerves at all.
Good luck, and enjoy

DebC said:
I have just completed my 3 days training in Leeds and have my assessment in 2 weeks...has anyone any advise on the assessment, I haven't done an exam in years and am really nervous that I'll get brain block..:o

On a happier note I'm loving the new challenge of nails...:biggrin: and have plenty off willing suspects to practice on!!!
Oh babe how I know how you feel, yep Debs remember the 18th of May lol.......
Well all that you have learned on your foundation class will be part of your assessment..............there are no trick questions..............just revise your notes and then on day you will be a mazed where all that knowledge comes from.........because you do know it and it is there, just waiting to come out !!!!

Good luck and chill, you will do just great xxxx

Don't worry Deb....it's amazing at how much knowlege you do retain when doing the course. I was poo scared of the exam as it's been ** years since did my 'GCSE' exams (shows how old I am!) lol!!! Do some revision and chill out on a bottle of wine! Good luck for Thursday....

Oops! don't know where I got Thursday from...but good luck in 2 weeks time!

i know what you mean about studying, but once you get into it as well as the fact you enjoy what you're learning you will be surprised as Ruth and Debs have said how much you retain. Good luck girls.

I soooooo know just how you are feeling!
i did my foundation at leeds last october,,,,my advice is revise,revise,revise your notes from the 3 days as all the questions in the exam relate to those and nothing else,so as long as you know all the information on the sheets you will be fine.
i wrote myself practice exams ( sad eh,but it works!) ,got my mum to ask questions from the notes,you will take it in and remember,promise.
after saying this i did get 1 question wrong! :lol:
as for the practical,don't panic you don't have to produce perfect,stunning nails,i certainly did.nt!!!! :eek: i applied too thick and took an age to then file down to shape,,,they know that practice makes perfect and as long as you understand the basics,and see where you went wrong you'll be fine chick!
I was told on the day i'd passed although this does'nt always happen,,WOT A FEELIN!!,don't know how i drove home without crashing i was on such a high! :lol:
good luck,,i know you'll do it,let us know how it went,,DEBS.x

I was in exactly the same boat back in March. Hadnt taken an exam in 20 years and boy wasnt I nervous!!! I studied like mad when I could and on the day put down as much information as I could for each question.

I was chatting to my model when Maz was saying how well one of the ladies had done, my mouth fell open in amazement when I heard her say "Sharon you got 99%", to say I was 'gobsmacked' was an understatement!! I actually scored 50.5 marks out of 51! I have to say that I floated back home.

It really is nothing to get worried about (but I did anyway). All the very best.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back