New nail technician advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanida99

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife has just started a nail technician position and is working on a 50/50 commission split. Being inexperienced in what the right questions are to ask in this industry, is this a fair pay scale to be on?

She had no supplies of her own and will be paying for a nail drill out of her salary. She again is just starting out and does not have any type of clientele base at all. My wife also does not have her nail license but is working towards starting an online/onsite licensed nail course soon.

As the course is expensive and few and far between being conveniently located, its been difficult locking one down.

Moving forward what could she do to best set herself up for success? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello,

My wife has just started a nail technician position and is working on a 50/50 commission split. Being inexperienced in what the right questions are to ask in this industry, is this a fair pay scale to be on?

She had no supplies of her own and will be paying for a nail drill out of her salary. She again is just starting out and does not have any type of clientele base at all. My wife also does not have her nail license but is working towards starting an online/onsite licensed nail course soon.

As the course is expensive and few and far between being conveniently located, its been difficult locking one down.

Moving forward what could she do to best set herself up for success? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wow! Good for her to make 50 percent commission without having her license yet. Learning from coworkers that have a following is a great way to learn tips of the trade. Education is also key.

Latest posts

Back