New nail technician - L&P advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lianpickthall

Reaction score
Hi, im Lian and i'm new to this site. I'm a newly qualified nail technician and have a few questions about acrylic nails.
Here goes......
Do you have to use powder and acrylic liquid belonging to the same system or can you mix and match?
If you do mix and match, will you get a patchy effect on your acrylics?
When doing white tips with clear powder, do you have to put your first acrylic ball around the smile line, or does it go straigt across the tip?
Also after doing some sets, my tips look dirty, i havent touchd them with dirty hands or anything, so how comw this happens?
Please help.
Many thanks
Lian

Hi and welcome to salon geek!

You are best to stick with liquid and powder from the same system as they are designed to work together.

When applying clear over white tips, you don't have to follow the smile line.

Sorry I can't help with the dirty looking tips, I'm stumped on that one :confused:

Did they not cover this sort of information on your course? It's quite basic stuff that should've really been taught to you when training x

Did they not cover this sort of information on your course? It's quite basic stuff that should've really been taught to you when training x

I agree. I am doing my course just now, and this is all information we have discussed and been taught in class.

As Kirsty said, you are best to stick to powder and liquid from the same company as the chemicals are due to be used together.

With white tips and clear acrylic we start with the bead on the tip and work back from there, ensuring the stress bead is over the apex.

Not sure about the dirt either? Is it maybe dust gettin onto the tips before you put the acrylic on?

As a qualifiying nail tech, i know how hard it is getting started out, so good luck :)

xxx

About the dirt, Maybe you could buff over the tips before you apply your acrylic? Maybe you already do that but it was just a thought it may not work as I don't know how they are looking quite dirty on the tips. Hope it helps

I agree with the others on this kind of information as even on my shoddy course i was told not to mix my products.

And not to sure on the dirty-ness have you maybe got a picture of the nails?
could you be filing your nails before they overlay has completley set/dried? xx

Latest posts

Back