New Name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
hi all again...rite im thinking of a name for my nail business, i had naughty nails for my mobile business but i want something that sounds a bit more upmarket, i did love naughty nails but i hate it now...i was thinking of Designer Digits or Poshe...i want a name that i can add too, i am going to be doing tanning aswell soon so it has to be a name that i can add too...Designer Digits looks best on the biz cards i must say...how bowt Designer Digits, then nail bar underneath, then when i do tanning i can put nail and tanning bar under Designer Digits...? what do u fink girls...?

I think Designer Digits sounds wicked!! 8) 8) 8) Wish I'd have thought of it first :( Any good ideas for me? I only called myself Nails at Home as a quick name for this site - haven't got an official name yet :( Michelle's Nails would be so naff :oops: :oops:

hi ya...designer digits does sound good dont it...my fiance thought of it...bless him...i thought of poshe, but when i put it on a biz card it was too short a word and didnt look as good as designer digits...do u think its ok when i add tanning to my biz...i was thinking of putting nail and tanning bar underneath my biz name...my main thing will be nails but tanning is fast taking up everywhere to, especially in nail salons etc...or even the other way round, tanning salons with nail technicians in...so for a business it would make a profitable add on...who agrees????
also have any of u heard of this oxygen thing, it was in nails mag and scratch? who thinks that would be a good add on service...?
vicx

oh michelle i forgot ideas for ur name...do u do feet too? if so u could be tips n toes, finger tips, i did a search on yell.com to get some ideas...i loved naughty nails at first and had a website done in naughty nails and blooming 1000 biz cards, now ive decided i dont like it...but thought i could use it in my mobile biz till ive used up all my cards...they cost next to nothing anyhow off vistaprint...and they r wicked...if ud like to look at my biz card email me and ile send u it...for £6 for 250 its cool...vicx

Well Ilike nailtique and beauty that leaves room for expansion in the bizz then.

Michelle still thinking about your's lol

love Ruth xxxx

I agree with Ruth, I like Nailtiques. If you have designer digits, when you add tanning they`ll be no reference to tanning in your title. At least with Nailtiques you can add nails and tanning, or nails or whatever

Just thought nailtiques has to be spelled different, copyright name............... there already a product called that lol

what about Nail Technique and beauty

Love Ruth xxxx

Well in my next life I am going to call my salon

TOTALLY POLISHED

because for me that says it all and it sounds 'High End' too.

hi there is already a hair technique in scunthorpe so i dont want to step on no1's toes by being nail technique...fink ile have to rethink...im calle naughty nails at present but i fink it sounds a bit tacky myself...what do u fink? im not doing beauty, only make up and waxing so i can do full bridal packages, im not doing facials, and body massage etc...i just want to do nails and tanning...
Designer Digits and Tans.................NO
Designer Nails and Tans??????????
Poshe???????????
Designer Nail and Tanning Room????????
Designer Nails and Tanning Spa????? Bar???????
vicx

Designer Nails is a Registered Company name and they will not take kindly to anyone using it ... there have been several successful 'prosecutions'.

Even if you use the name with something else it is construed as 'passing off' in the law. So I really wouldn't go there ... It will save you some money in the long run.

hi ya, yes i know mrs geeg...Tips n Toes?????????? does that sound ok????
Finger Tips...?

i fink everyone should send me there ideas and ile put them all in a box and pick one out when im ready to rename myself...
i do like Finger Tips...but Finger Tips and Tans sounds naff...
my partner thought of a slogan underneath, a quality service at ur finger tips...lol...bless him...
Nails by Vicky..........boring............x

There was a discussion some time ago regarding names and there were LOADS mentioned.

Sometimes I think I've heard them all from PAMPERED PANDIES to Talon Salon and the like.

I like Nailtiques which sounds classy as well as Totaly Polished but check out the old topic because many were offered up there to choose from.

hi all...well ive got a few and im going to phone companies house on monday to check that im ok with them before i decide...i did that with my other name...its to check the company names arent limited or something...i know the a law on names was scrapped a while ago, they just said to me before to check in my local yellow pages etc...and u have to check its not a limited company...be worth it though, hate to get all my stationary printed to find i cannot use the name...coz joe bloggs has it...lol...vicx :D

Well girl you got me thinking hard........................
So not to upset the Nailtiques people........ brandname aso

Nailteeks (lol like the Nailgeek only lol..............)
Bespoke Nails
Nail Techniques
Nail and Beauty Techniques
the Nail and beauty boutique
just a few more to get you even more confused lol

love Ruth xxx

I like Fingertips, but then I am a mobile tech near Cambridge and that's the name I use :) . It looks good on the business cards (Vistaprint too - the lilac one with the hands) and brochures. I could send you a copy to see if you like.

I am hoping to open a salon early next year and hope this name will be OK for that too. Might need a bit of work to include tanning though.

I believe Poshe is a nail company, at least here it is.

what about Avant Nails or
Adventurous Nails and Tan or
"Vic"torius Nails and tan

Good Luck!
Holly
smilieturtle.gif

Try looking on Companies house on the internet

www.companieshouse.gov.uk

You can look at your leisure.

Exciting times!

hi ya guys...i need a tanning and nail salon name now, im not off into the rent a room thing im starting my own salon from scratch...nail bar and 4-6 tanning units...ive been at the bank today, and im there again thurs...just doing cash flow...nitemare!!!! so nail and tanning names please...all ive thought of so far is "All that Glows"...lol...oh and Lush...

im pathetic when it comes to names... ;)

Hey all...
For what it's worth, my father is a successful marketing director who says that having your name in or as your business name is a smart move. Especially if you have a unique name or a name that's easy to remember. "Who does your nails?" "Vicky." "What's the name of her business?" "Vicky's Nails."
I know....I know....I know....I'm struggling with it myself because I want something creative and fun (and I hate my name). But, he seems to think that a simple first name is sufficient for a business such as our's, and that good advertising (logo, marketing, business cards, sign on window, artwork inside shop) is what people remember.

Just another point of view....
:O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back