New NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if anyone could give me any info on the new NVQ I ,II just for nails. Sounds like a definate step in the right direction but my guess is it will take a good while to get organised...i.e who will run the courses etc etc

Hi TraceyUK
The new NVQ Levels 1,2 and 3 for nails will start in Sept at all colleges and training centres who teach the existing qualifications. They will supercede those. If you want to look the Standards and what they include you can see them on www.habia.org.
Having these complete NVQ's for the first time means that being a nail technician has been recognised as a career/profession in its own right and not a small part of beauty therapy (until now the nail units were in the Beauty Therapy NVQ Levels 2 and 3 and meant that technicians could not achieve a full NVQ without doing several aspects of beauty)
This has a lot of implications on funding issues so contact your local training provider. Also, look at previous threads with regards to making sure tutors and assessors are suitably qualified and experienced.
Marian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back