New opportunity knocking - advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Jess*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I launched my own business over Easter this year, so I haven't been open for that long. I am qualified in acrylics and gels, however I'm not offering them as a service yet, because it's been some time since I've done any, and I'm a bit slow at it, as my old boss would never book in clients with me, she had to do all nails.

I have recently heard (and confirmed) that the 2 major salons in my town are no longer offering acrylics or gels, and I'm now thinking it's a bit of an open door for me to start offering them. The thing is, because I am a bit slow at it, should I just get some people to practice on (without charging) and wait until I get my time down, or should I go ahead and offer them straight away at a discounted rate? I've already locked in one practice model that's been asking for them, but the more practice I get, the quicker I'll get and therefore the sooner I can offer them as a service.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Grab the opportunity.Practice as much as you can and promote it with special price for a limited time. Maybe do some short refresher courses with reputable company to refresh your skills?
If you don't do the nails you won't get quicker, so go. For it!

If you are confident with the nails you do, dive straight in! As the saying goes.... You cant rush perfection! Its better for clients to leave completely happy with nails they cant stop looking at, than leaving in the quickest time possible. When you rush, you stress out and thats when silly mistakes are made! As long as you can do them in under 2 hours i wouldnt worry too much. The more you do them the quicker you will get, in your shoes i would just dive in head first :) hth xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Don't do them for free, do them at a reduced price to cover your costs :)

if it is just the timing that is the issue and not the result that you are achieving then i would say offer it!! discounted for a limited time only, you have to cover your product costs and time and at the end of the day they are getting a set of nails!!

dont let this opportunity pass you by!!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will do a practice set on a friend this weekend and see how I go :)

Id be asking why arent the 2 major salons offering gels or acrylics anymore. Is the demand there, are there nss' nearby etc

xx

Latest posts

Back