New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey girls how is everyone doing? Congratulations Lydia C! Haven't been on here for a while, can't believe my little chunk is 5 months next Monday! Hope everyone is well x

can't believe my little chunk is 5 months next Monday!

:D everyone keeps telling me how fast it goes!

Have the hospital tour tonight, getting closer and closer!!

Omg too quick... everyone said that to me didn't quite believe it until it happened, it's been the quickest and longest 5 months of my life haha.
Oh that's exciting will make it feel even more real hehe, good luck Sammi!

:D everyone keeps telling me how fast it goes!

Have the hospital tour tonight, getting closer and closer!!
It's just pregnancy that seems to drag oh and the sleepless nights [emoji19][emoji19] how was your tour ? X

It's just pregnancy that seems to drag oh and the sleepless nights [emoji19][emoji19] how was your tour ? X

It was okay, it's a hospital!! It was hotter than hell though so if it's like that now and we have a hot june it will be unbearable. I think the bit I'm dreading the most is staying on the ward after!

I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it has definitely got worse. Last night was particularly bad, just what I need with a 10 hour drive broken up by a funeral today!

I hated it on the ward after really conscious that everyone was asleep but Blake kept waking up and it was so loud [emoji33] I got to sleep that night around 4am plus I snore really bad and it was really hot I felt like a sweaty mess lol I hate the stage of pregnancy where it's impossible to sleep even though it's tiring X

Just back from consultant appt. Because I have fibroids apparently I'm at higher risk of heavy bleeding after. They had already said they wanted me to have the syntocin injection to speed up delivery of the placenta. saw a new consultant today who now wants me to be on a drip for 4 hours after the birth aswell as a precaution.

Not sure I fancy the idea of being hooked up to a drip for 4 hours straight after. A quick read up also says that it can make some women feel quite ill and as it speeds up the contacting of the uterus it can be as painfull as labour contractions :(

Has anyone else had this?

I haven't, but I really feel for you.

No one told me about after pains and they were bad enough :(

I never had to be hooked up to drip or anything but the after pains were as bad as labour pains but ibuprofen and paracetamol did help and they don't last forever X

Hope everyone is well?
I am seeing my consultant next week about my birth choices and received a letter today about attending a clinic for birth choices aswell, which I presume is where they try and push you to do a normal delivery. I am going to have to be quite firm and adamant with what I want! Which is not my strong point at all! X

I am going to have to be quite firm and adamant with what I want! Which is not my strong point at all! X

Good luck. Is your midwife on your side? My yoga teacher used to go on about a website, AIMS, which has details of your rights etc. when it comes to birth, although it might be skewed the other way to what you want - preventing intervention rather than requesting it.

So far I've been really lucky and felt pretty much normal, been able to get on with everyday normal things with no trouble, only stopped riding a couple of weeks ago. Spent the day shopping with Mum yesterday and was absolutely wiped out by the time I got home! Luckily only had one client booked in today and she cancelled. Got a full day tomorrow and Saturday though and then a day at the baby show on Sunday. I should count myself lucky I've got to 35 weeks relatively unscathed but think I'm definitely going to have to start slowing down!

Good luck. Is your midwife on your side? My yoga teacher used to go on about a website, AIMS, which has details of your rights etc. when it comes to birth, although it might be skewed the other way to what you want - preventing intervention rather than requesting it.

So far I've been really lucky and felt pretty much normal, been able to get on with everyday normal things with no trouble, only stopped riding a couple of weeks ago. Spent the day shopping with Mum yesterday and was absolutely wiped out by the time I got home! Luckily only had one client booked in today and she cancelled. Got a full day tomorrow and Saturday though and then a day at the baby show on Sunday. I should count myself lucky I've got to 35 weeks relatively unscathed but think I'm definitely going to have to start slowing down!

Yeah she's totally on my side so that should help, spoke to a friend today that has requested a repeat with no problem so I'm feeling much better about it now!
Yeah you should def start slowing down now! Lol xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496431574.002080.jpg

Blake is now 8 weeks tomorrow it's gone so fast !!! How long do you all have left ?

He's gorgeous!!

Hit 37 weeks yesterday so really on the countdown now. It still doesn't seem real!

Aww, Lydia! He is just absolutely adorable!!

I have 8 days left but, unfortunately, baby is super comfy and still up in my ribs so is showing absolutely no signs of wanting to leave any time soon :(

Oh Lydia he is beautiful! I love the name [emoji4]

Aww he is cute. I'm 30 weeks on Monday. Gone pretty fast tbh xx

Linzi not long [emoji51][emoji51] can't wait for pics it seems the longest part the last few days/weeks , Sammi that has flown by and Lyd it doesn't seem that long ago you announced you were having baby number 2 !!! Time is going so fast X

I know, I can't wait!

But, as I say... he's showing no signs of wanting to come any time soon! Lol.

At least I know it won't be any longer than about a fortnight x

Latest posts

Back