New Product Range - Opinion Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witchiebabe

Reaction score
Hi All :)

I'm going to try and word my post so that it's not advertising (I don't want to get into trouble!) so if I sound a bit dopey that's why lol!

I have just introduced my own product range into the market, I use it myself in my own salon and would really like to get it out into other salons... the range consists of skin care, body care, manicure and pedicure.

What I want to know is what makes you buy a new product for your salon? Is there anything in particular a company can do to entice you try the product and if a product was all natural with no artifical preservatives and totally handmade would you think it was a range you'd definitely want to try or does it make you think of market stall product that perhaps wasn't really right for the professional market?

Thanks!

For me it would depend on:
-packaging. If you want to sell it as a professional line it has to look professional.
-marketing support. Posters, leaflets, product information.
-training in how to use the products in the best way.
-cost of the products/starter kits.
-product availability.
-samples. Need them so you can try before you buy.

There are probably more things to consider but these are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Hth's. Good luck with your range.

Hello
Its always very good to be able to try samples before you put in an order, and also to be able to put in an order for any amount is a very good thing! I know some companies only let you order £500 worth of stock and for me because I only have a small clientel that is really no good to me. I am also drawn to the smell of a product and the presentation. I like to sell my products to customers so something not too expensive is good as my customers are mostly average working people.

hope this helps a bit:lol:

the aroma is crucial.
another thing is the size of the range, i would not buy from an incomplete selection. eg, if its a manicure range i'd want a hand sanitiser , a cuticle cream, a scrub, mask, moisturiser and nail oil that all match or compliment each other.
i like the idea of having no preservatives etc, but would not want this to compromise the shelf life of the product.
retail sizs that compliment the salon products would be benificial too.

Latest posts

Back