New records

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Whelp. Thought this was cause to celebrate.

I remember one night a year ago, Mrs Geek and I were having a glass of Wine and watching the traffic on the site.
You could check it out when a guest would come on... poke around... and disappear. We would whoop and hollar when a new member joined and we would seriously celebrate when there were more than 3 people on line at one time.

Well. Things have changed a little over a year.

We still get a kick checking the site and watching the memberlist grow.
We get a major buzz watching members helping members with great advice.
Checking the logs tonight, I found that we are now getting over 400 unique users logging onto the site every single day and on Tuesday, there were 261 posts (excluding PM's) which I think qualifies as a world record for nail technician sites.

A special thanks to all that make this site the powerful learning tool it is for nail technicians around the globe.

*snif*snif* I love you guys *snif*snif*

I remember checking every new member and reading every new name and feeling like I new them all - I started slowing at about 1200 and tonight I just realised we are coming up to the 1800 mark!! Amazing really:eek: . I am just so happy that so many get a positive experience from this site!! Not just teks, but editors too - I have been told on a number of occasions how helpful this is for our great trade magazine editors as they can have such broad and different views on the chosen subjects!

It's great knowing you all and although we are often complimented on our helpfulness - we are always learning from you all too so a massive thank you to all of you for what you share with me!! I love learning...but I guess that's why we are here huh!!:biggrin:

LOL yep what a year we have had.............
I remember joining and there where only 11 Geeks...................
Cosy I thought.........
Now there are nearly 1800 and it is still cosy..........
Our family is growing by the day and I feel so proud to be a geek!!!!!!!!!!!!
This has to be the best Nail Tech site global!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, i re-phrase that.............It is the best NailTech site global!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Samuel, you made it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without you this wouldn't be here today............. Have a Voddy&Orange on me........hell lets make it 2 !!!!!

You have done yourselves proud!! I only discovered this site a few months ago and now i feel like one of the family, I've made loads of new friends to get support from and give support to, I don't think a day goes by when i don't pop in to see whats goin on, or have a chat.

I've found a place where i belong, full of people just like me!:)
Thanks
love Paula
x

omg i have been a member for just over a year, :eek: .time sure flies when your reading posts,and i still log on nearly everyday to see whats going on,this site has helped me in so much cause sometimes you would think you were the only one having problems but you come on here and the problem is usually easily solved, or you get the confidence to solve it your self ,or get the confidence to change a job you you hated and well loads of things. and you find most peeps have had the same probs at one time.

god its a year next week since i did my creative conversion,and im now a creative master nail tech :green: i never would of thought i would of made one them ,especially after reading some of my earlier posts :rolleyes: :o but hey i made it .
.and i made some great nail friends from this site too,

It is a brill site for sure...great to know there are always opinions,help and good advice available at the click of a button (it is amazing how quickly people reply when you need advise!) and it's great to be able to give that bit of help back when I can :) thanks to all involved :)

You guys all know that teaching is my culture and when I moved to Spain I actually felt quite lonely and useless because I thought my teaching days were over. I had heard of teaching on line but never really new what it entailed or how one could really do it.

I love Samuel (Sorry GMG) much more than most people ever love their sons in law ... He is much more than that to me .... and I SO ADMIRE HIM. He is a very gifted person and in many ways, not just nails. A wonderful husband and father and son in law. And I thank him for giving me a "raison d'etre' here in Spain.

I love the site, I love teaching on it, I have made some smashing friends too.
Thanks Sameeeee.

Well i have been a member for over a year now it is the greatest nail site and i love coming online each day to read the posts

from this site i have

learnt so much from other people
made some really great friends that i would never have met without this site
competed in a nail competition and got the bug for more
doing my masters (never had the confidence before)
and feel like i have a whole new family

So Sam i thank YOU

Hi...
Hand on heart i can honestly say that i would have given up 'nails' if it wasn't for this site...i can not thank you guys enough for all the help, advise and support you have given me since i joined a few months ago.
I loved my training and glad that i did it with 'creative' but working and practicing on your own at home can be very lonely and progression can be slow.
Every single problem or situation that arises can always be discussed and helped on this site but we all seem to go through simular things within our aim to be great techs...
It is absolutly great that we meet on here as like-minded people and want to help and encourage each other.
It makes my heart flutter and a tear to my eye to know that i have made some new wonderful friends on here...no turning back for me now...and i cannot wait to meet some of you guys at olympia.
Thankyou Master Geek for making this site what it is today...THE BEST.

Hi...

geeg said:
You guys all know that teaching is my culture and when I moved to Spain I actually felt quite lonely and useless because I thought my teaching days were over. I had heard of teaching on line but never really new what it entailed or how one could really do it.

Geeg...Please NEVER stop teaching...WE NEED YOU.

yay well done girls :)

Yeah what a site this is Sam :cool:
We are just like a little community, nice and cosy.
Love the friends ive made, This site changed my life.......for the better.

I dont no what i would do everyday with out this site, i have learnt so much since my creative foundation course and it is with the help of everyone on this site.

I cant explain how much i enjoy logging on and reading everyones post during the day (my work is boring) now i am even additted to log on in the evening.

All my friends and family think i am nail mad but its good to no there are loads of other geeks here exactly the same.

So just want to say thank to everyone and without this site my days would be dull.

Lisa xxx

BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!! 8th feb 03 i joined, this year has gone so quickly :eek: , and yes without this site i think i too would have packed it all in by now, i still get fed up sometimes and throw my teddy out of the pram but someone is always ready with a shoulder to cry on or a kick up the butt cheeks.

The Nail Geek said:
Whelp. Thought this was cause to celebrate.

I remember one night a year ago, Mrs Geek and I were having a glass of Wine and watching the traffic on the site.
You could check it out when a guest would come on... poke around... and disappear. We would whoop and hollar when a new member joined and we would seriously celebrate when there were more than 3 people on line at one time.

Well. Things have changed a little over a year.

We still get a kick checking the site and watching the memberlist grow.
We get a major buzz watching members helping members with great advice.
Checking the logs tonight, I found that we are now getting over 400 unique users logging onto the site every single day and on Tuesday, there were 261 posts (excluding PM's) which I think qualifies as a world record for nail technician sites.

A special thanks to all that make this site the powerful learning tool it is for nail technicians around the globe.

:o awww, shucks.......we love you to....you heaven-sent geekie guys:o

Love and kisses
Dizzy Delliexx

The Nail Geek said:

awwwwwwww we love you guys too where would we be without you guys now i dread to think!!! up the creek without a paddel matey!!!! springs to mind :green:

Fantastic site. I am just starting to dabble in the world of 'artistic nailery', (a true beginner, can you tell?) and it has been a wealth of information! Thank you!!

And we love u too!!!!! :D

I love this site and was warned i would become addicted, well now i am. Only last nite hubbie was moaning AGAIN because i was "commondering"??? his precious computer, needless to say he stormed off in a huff muttering i was OBSSESSED!!!!! and that i should get my own computer! ;)
Needless to say i find myself on the site everyday (and night) i just can't help it!! :biggrin: I LOVE IT

THANK YOU!

no, we lve you for creating this awesome site - dont know what I did without it - brought me closer to Creative aswell :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back