New Regulations for Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen&Beau

Reaction score
It seems likely that the U.K. will follow Europe and regulate pretty much every device using electricity that we use on the skin. We will need to make sure that every device we use is from a U.K. licensed supplier, no more buying off Amazon from overseas for face or body treatments.

It also seems reasonable to assume that in the future we will be expected to hold certified training to an independently verified standard in the use of every medical device - so manufacturer training may not be good enough..

This is an interesting read about devices https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/17434440.2016.1224644.

We also need to be aware that we cannot make any treatment claims for a cosmetic product ie something not licensed as a medicinal device. A cosmetic product cannot change the skin so any service using cosmetic products can only support healthy skin not treat problems such as spots.

The U.K. has issued guidelines about what words may imply a medical benefit. A medical benefit is anything that changes the skin or body. Anyone not using licensed medical products might need to reword their website as it’s an offence to make false and misleading claims.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...le/872742/GN8_FINAL_10_03_2020__combined_.pdf

I think it's right that the government has decided to regulate the quality of electronics used in cosmetology. I've read many stories about how Chinese knock-offs caused a lot of harm to the people who used them. I think all electronics, cosmetics, and everything that comes into contact with the human body should be certified. I always ask about this before buying Ulta Beauty Clearance.
This is a matter of principle, even when I go to the salon for a service. I don't think anyone would want to pay for a procedure expecting a good effect and have their health harmed.

Latest posts

Back