New safety bit by Youngs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Apparently you can remove gel polish with this... Has anyone got/used this?
What other uses does it have?..
I'm intrigued :)

What kind of a bit is it? A carbide safety bit?

My Shellac clients would run a mile if I came at them with a drill to remove their Shellac (of course Shellac is not a gel and would not need removing with a drill bit).

Most people can't remove gel from a nail safely with a hand file never mind a carbide safety bit.

Don't let the word safety fool you. I have been using carbide safety bits for years from KUPA, who also make the drills for yn, and I would never use one on a natural nail to remove a gel polish.

The reason it is called a safety bit is that instead of a carbide cylinder bit, the safety bit is a cone shaped mandril with a rounded end so you don't cut the skin ... It doesn't mean it is safe to use on the natural nail.

Of course if you are wanting to remove soft gel from the surface of an enhanced nail, then that is a different story, a safety bit would do the trick just fine.

Your post is unclear to me as to whether you are talking about removing gel colour from natural nails or from enhanced nails.

Yep Geeg that's exactly the bit, a carbide with smooth rounded end! I read about it in nail pro and it out lines the steps as
1, push cuticle back
2, gently tickle the nail to remove the gel polish
3, lightly buff nail and shape
4 your ready to go again..

A safe way to remove gel polish in less than 5 minutes. This is why I'm so intrigued, I use youngs ManiQ gel polishes and have noticed it can be extremely difficult to remove, especially so on clients that have the colour I filled instead of opting for colour change.
I thought I'd stumbled across siomething new and amazing :-(

Yep Geeg that's exactly the bit, a carbide with smooth rounded end! I read about it in nail pro and it out lines the steps as
1, push cuticle back
2, gently tickle the nail to remove the gel polish
3, lightly buff nail and shape
4 your ready to go again..

A safe way to remove gel polish in less than 5 minutes. This is why I'm so intrigued, I use youngs ManiQ gel polishes and have noticed it can be extremely difficult to remove, especially so on clients that have the colour I filled instead of opting for colour change.
I thought I'd stumbled across siomething new and amazing :-(

It would be a perfectly good way to remove the colour from the top of an enhancement as you can't wrap it off an enhancement, but on a natural nail ??? I wouldn't risk it and I am very very gentle with my drill and my safety mandril (it is a great bit ... use it all the time).

Tickling the surface of the natural nail at 20,000rpms is not going to be a good thing especially every 2-3 weeks. IMHO I know people do it but remember that this mandril is the very same mandril used to de bulk acrylic products .. no difference. You can make your own judgement on that one. :hug:

The bit is designed to be used with young nails products! Maniq is slightly different to shellac, etc!! Use what your comfortable with! Quote from Greg it's the fouls that do the damage not the tools!!!

The bit is designed to be used with young nails products! Maniq is slightly different to shellac, etc!! Use what your comfortable with! Quote from Greg it's the fouls that do the damage not the tools!!!

Well there are allot of fools around using allot of tools and allot of damage is being done .. many more than those with the skill to use a drill gently. I am very skilled with a drill and I wouldn't use a carbide bit at 20,000 rpms anywhere near a natural nail.

It is a shame that it needs to be removed with a drill to get it off quickly and that they are having to promote that.

I wouldn't use a carbide bit on a natural nail!
If you watch the Young Nails videos on YouTube Greg uses a sanding band on the natural nail at very low speed.

I wouldn't use a carbide bit on a natural nail!
If you watch the Young Nails videos on YouTube Greg uses a sanding band on the natural nail at very low speed.

I would not do that either. A sanding band is even more destructive than a carbide bit is to the surface of the natural nail.

Just saw this on Nail Pro mag... won't be getting one. I don't think they took into account everyone's skill level and speed with an efile. I would imagine for someone less experienced, they'll buy one thinking they could get it off quicker, but end up taking twice as long, or doing twice as much damage than they would had they just soaked off the gel.

I never have my Erica running full whack i dont feel the need.... in fact i think it would scare me :evil:....

I wont be using this bit for removing gel polish however i like the the idea of it for filing enhancemnets with the bald bit, im always careful but this is just an added bonus... :)

Latest posts

Back