New Salon Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie g

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been renting a room in a hairdresser for the last year and business has really taken off to the extent that I am now turning clients away daily. I need more room!!
I want to stay in the same area (on the same Highstreet), but the shops availiable to rent are not at all suitable. Horrible fronts, wrong layouts, street noise, etc. But there are some really perfect premises above shops.
What I am in a dilema about is whether having a shop front is really important? I really would like my clients to have somewhere private to relax whilst waiting for their appointments and if I were street level they would have to sit in the front, I am also worried about noise levels from passing traffic filtering through to treatment areas etc.
But being above a shop, would I miss out hugely on retail opportunities and passing trade?
What do you all do? I am really stuck!!

Hi, I'm glad things are going so well for you!

I suppose it would depend where the entrance to the upstairs premises is. If it has a door onto the high street, you could still put stickers on the glass and a sign above the door. I know that's what Beautyguru has done, and it looks fab. You'd probably find that the rent for an upstairs premises is a lot more reasonable too.

Latest posts

Back