New salon opening and NO NIMUE stuff yet!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

choccycake

Reaction score
Hi
I am opening my own salon on Thursday this week (9th), have been trying to contact Hyperion group - and Nimue skincare rep to find out what is happening about my order that was placed in July for complete Nimue start up package, professional and retail products -have been told marketing items out of stock etc then next message straight onto ansa machine and "no service until....".
I have had new treatment brochures printed with Nimue info on them and can't use them as have no products to use. Have received 1 poster and about 20 samples for marketing - not much when the order was well over £1000. I am obviously very very worried as to what will happen to my new business - no marketing info/shop displays etc for the new salon opening. I feel very angry that the rep took the order from me, and never mentioned stock problems etc and I did ask as I knew there were some problems - was reassured everything would be ok, (i'm a very small business, have built up enough clients to go from my treatment room to open a small salon with 2 treatment rooms). I have had 3 different dates from hyperion group recorded messages ranging from the 5th to the 20th of august before they will be able to do anything. My Nimue training was booked for 3 days - 3 days of not earning any money, I now don't know whether that will be going ahead or not.
I have read the thread regarding whether hyperion is closing/ financial problems etc, however don't feel it has really been able to help me.
I am really sorry if they are having problems, but I took a long time to decide on the skincare range and now feel totally let down and wish I had gone elsewhere, it will be difficult to have faith in the company now.
Any one with any advice or ideas on what I should do - please say.
This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone - I have a business to run this is not a hobby for me and I have all the bills that go along with that. I also use creative products for manicure/pedicure but should have enough to keep me going there. Just the skincare problem..... I don't know whether to get another company in before opening ?? (and I thought I had enough to worry about with getting the salon ready to open!!)
Thanks in advance for any advice I could do with some, was in tears this afternoon when I couldn't get through again, have rung emailed sent texts to rep but nothing at all - not even a call to say sorry but things would be ok.
choccy x x x

really sorry to hear this however another geek had recently had an academie order sucessfully placed (so i read) so maybe nimue will be up and running again shortly??

heres hoping:hug:

thanks for that amb x - I am really really hoping it will turn out ok, as I obviously loved the nimue skin range after demos etc, it's really worrying not knowing what is happening, it's a lot of money put out and I know lots of people have been saying creative osns etc are stocking bits and bobs but that doesn't help me at all as you can't get nimue from anywhere else but direct from hyperion.x

thanks for that amb x - I am really really hoping it will turn out ok, as I obviously loved the nimue skin range after demos etc, it's really worrying not knowing what is happening, it's a lot of money put out and I know lots of people have been saying creative osns etc are stocking bits and bobs but that doesn't help me at all as you can't get nimue from anywhere else but direct from hyperion.x

you've paid for this all up front? i'd be a little worried to mate:hug:

Do you have your reps mobile number??

Hi Amb
I gave the rep a cheque for the full amount when I did the first "opening order" - am now panicking about it - it hasn't gone through the account yet and don't know whether to stop it or not. Was told that I would receive all the marketing stuff, leaflets on products for clients, client consultation cards,product samples, bags to make up goody bags for first 100 new clients through new shop, posters and window display stuff in plenty of time for the salon opening this week. The rep said they wouldn't supply the retail products or professional products until I had done the 3 days training - I agreed to this very reluctantly and wasn't happy that they wouldn't/couldn't do the training until after the new salon had opened. However was prepared to put up with the inconvenience of that as it would only be a few days until the training and rest of the order would come through. Have already been telling current clients about the new skincare range - now will have to try and explain why i've not got it, feel stupid as clients are a fussy lot and don't want them to have no confidence in the new salon. Now it seems another kettle of fish entirely as I didn't receive what was promised and am now not sure whether I will get everything else and the training at all.
Hubby has gone mental about it which hasn't helped - the new salon is costing us a lot of money and obviously needs to start making some asap.
choccy x x x
ps
I know this post might sound very pessimistic, but what else can I say??
Everything else for the salon opening is going ok (so far).

Sorry amb
didn't answer your question
Yes have reps mobile number
have been ringing it - and got recorded message instantly - saying hyperion group unable to deal with enquiries etc etc until 5th of august - it's now after then and still no reply, have also txt her hoping she might txt back as it would avoid having to try to explain over phone problems etc, but haven't heard a thing.
xchoccyx

thanks amb.... will contact them now - 24hrs service thankfully, still doesn't help for the salon though - can't use pager thingy for some reasonX
choccy x

not sure what to say other than if it were me, and i couldnt get hold of anyone and i was worried about loosing my money....i'd stop the cheque ! you can always re issue it!

whatever you think best - good luck with it hun :hug:

Hiya

I may be worth considering stopping the chq.
By the sounds of things they havnt put the chq through yet?

I do wish you well

Jenx

I have been working with Nimue product for over 2 yrs like yourself i am unable to place a order or get hold of my rep ,as i also get my creative stock from hyperion i can only assume they have closed their dooors, Ihave been lucky and Nimue Internatinal have been in touch with new contact and delivery details if you would like i could pass this on to you so you can get your back order , I will say this before hyperion took over Nimue my salon was dealing with a first rate company and sales staff.

I am opening my own salon on Thursday this week (9th), have been trying to contact Hyperion group - and Nimue skincare rep to find out what is happening about my order that was placed in July for complete Nimue start up package, professional and retail products -have been told marketing items out of stock etc then next message straight onto ansa machine and "no service until....".
I have had new treatment brochures printed with Nimue info on them and can't use them as have no products to use. Have received 1 poster and about 20 samples for marketing - not much when the order was well over £1000. I am obviously very very worried as to what will happen to my new business - no marketing info/shop displays etc for the new salon opening. I feel very angry that the rep took the order from me, and never mentioned stock problems etc and I did ask as I knew there were some problems - was reassured everything would be ok, (i'm a very small business, have built up enough clients to go from my treatment room to open a small salon with 2 treatment rooms). I have had 3 different dates from hyperion group recorded messages ranging from the 5th to the 20th of august before they will be able to do anything. My Nimue training was booked for 3 days - 3 days of not earning any money, I now don't know whether that will be going ahead or not.
I have read the thread regarding whether hyperion is closing/ financial problems etc, however don't feel it has really been able to help me.
I am really sorry if they are having problems, but I took a long time to decide on the skincare range and now feel totally let down and wish I had gone elsewhere, it will be difficult to have faith in the company now.
Any one with any advice or ideas on what I should do - please say.
This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone - I have a business to run this is not a hobby for me and I have all the bills that go along with that. I also use creative products for manicure/pedicure but should have enough to keep me going there. Just the skincare problem..... I don't know whether to get another company in before opening ?? (and I thought I had enough to worry about with getting the salon ready to open!!)
Thanks in advance for any advice I could do with some, was in tears this afternoon when I couldn't get through again, have rung emailed sent texts to rep but nothing at all - not even a call to say sorry but things would be ok.
choccy x x x

I am sorry to hear of you problems Choccy. If you do get really stuck why not give us a try (I know that choosing a skin care range is a long and care full decision). I am sure we could have everything to you by the end of the week bar the retail product display stand.

Either way I would suggest stopping the cheque and pay with a card on delivery. It would be very difficult to get money from any company that goes into administration and would mean a long wait too (to only recoup a percentage not the whole amount).

Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

I am sorry and its nothing to do with me what others say but i think this comment really stinks when we have NO FACTS into if this is TRUE OR NOT.

This is the comment that i think stinks!

It would be very difficult to get money from any company that goes into administration and would mean a long wait too (to only recoup a percentage not the whole amount).
:mad:

I am sorry and its nothing to do with me what others say but i think this comment really stinks when we have NO FACTS into if this is TRUE OR NOT.

It would be very difficult to get money from any company that goes into administration and would mean a long wait too (to only recoup a percentage not the whole amount).
:mad:

Hi Emma

I feel a little miss quoted here. I did not say that Nimue Skin Limited or its UK parent the Hyperion group had gone into administration - that would be speculation with out facts.

My comment was a general one looking at worst case scenario - I know this because Moor Spa debtors have gone into administration and we did not get the full money owed to us. I just feel that Choccy should protect herself and her money, as she said this is not a hobby to her it is her livelyhood.

Please correct me if you have had better expirience in getting money from companies that have gone into administration.

And again I would like to stress that I am not infering that Nimue, Nimue Skin Limited or Hyperion Group Limited (or any other members of the group) are currently in administration.

Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

No I am not saying that you are saying that this is what has happened, and I do understand that the person who is having problems needs to look after there interests as it is their business like most of us that are having stock problems, but dont you think until we have some concrete facts its best not to have worst case scenario's!

I think the advise given by Jo and Jenny are both valid, regardless of the current situation with Hyperion (which distributed Nimue and CND).

I will see if I can get a response from Nimue in SA as to any current solution for stock shortages.

Best of luck!

I think the advise given by Jo and Jenny are both valid, regardless of the current situation with Hyperion (which distributed Nimue and CND).

I will see if I can get a response from Nimue in SA as to any current solution for stock shortages.

Best of luck!

i couldnt help noticing that you used the word 'distributed' rather than distribute, does that mean that hyperion are no longer the distributors for these 2 ranges ?

Probably a slip of the finger on the keyboard. But I noticed it too.

i couldnt help noticing that you used the word 'distributed' rather than distribute, does that mean that hyperion are no longer the distributors for these 2 ranges ?
...along with Academie scientifique de beaute....:!:

I have been working with Nimue product for over 2 yrs like yourself i am unable to place a order or get hold of my rep ,as i also get my creative stock from hyperion i can only assume they have closed their dooors, Ihave been lucky and Nimue Internatinal have been in touch with new contact and delivery details if you would like i could pass this on to you so you can get your back order , I will say this before hyperion took over Nimue my salon was dealing with a first rate company and sales staff.

This is rather alarming to me,and others as Academie Stockists,as Hyperion trade with them aswell.

If you have recieved new details of contact and delivery that MAYBE puts the cat among the pigeons regarding academie.:eek:

err, typo :eek: I didn't intend to type it in that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back