New salon start up, product advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenp70

Reaction score
Hi all. I am just setting up a new salon (I'm a Beauty Therapist), that has hairdressing stations. I have no knowledge whatsoever on hairdressing and will need to recruit a stylist! Can anyone advise me what products/items I will need to buy?

Depends on how salon is kitted out you’ll need all the big things like backwashes, chairs, mirror for toy stations, reception seating areas, hair products, dye, shampoo etc, trolleys, things like kirbies, rollers etc, mist hairdressers have their own stuff like hairdryer etc but salon does too hope some of this helps I am in the process of doing the same. Good luck

Depends on how salon is kitted out you’ll need all the big things like backwashes, chairs, mirror for toy stations, reception seating areas, hair products, dye, shampoo etc, trolleys, things like kirbies, rollers etc, mist hairdressers have their own stuff like hairdryer etc but salon does too hope some of this helps I am in the process of doing the same. Good luck
Hi Mstango

The salon is already set up with backwashes, chairs, mirrors etc.

I meant in the way of products e.g. hair dye etc

Will you be employing them or renting out a chair?
You need to think about how you will deal with any complaints especially if you don’t really know whether the client has unrealistic expectations (e.g. going blonde from being a box colour) or whether the stylist isn’t actually very competent and just ‘talks the talk’.
I recommend finding a good stylist friend to help you recruit and who can reasonably judge their abilities.

Then after you’ve recruited someone, let them choose the products to use.
No point buying all the Wella colours (number system) if they’re trained in Schwarzkopf (letter system) as it’s a bit like using gel v acrylics and they’d have to learn a whole new set of rules such as /1 in Wella isn’t a neutralising colour.

Hi all. I am just setting up a new salon (I'm a Beauty Therapist), that has hairdressing stations. I have no knowledge whatsoever on hairdressing and will need to recruit a stylist! Can anyone advise me what products/items I will need to buy?

what is a beauty Therapist?

Latest posts

Back