New salon, what do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCbeauty

Reaction score
Hello Hair Geeks!

I am a beauty therapist about to open my own salon and I am looking to put in 1 or 2 hair stations to rent out.

I was wondering if you could list all of the basic equipment I would need to set up a comfortable station please?
The hairdressers will be supplying all of their own products.

Also, is it still the norm to offer a 60/40 split, in favour of the stylist if providing their own products or would a set weekly rent be more acceptable?
If the latter, what is the current going rate? I understand every area is different but hopefully an average will come out! FYI, I am based in South West Scotland.

Thanks!

Can anybody help me please?

Station, chair, sink, just the basic salon set up...as for the commission I am currently on that schedule but the salon owner supplies all it's not a booth rent salon...if you charge a monthly or weekly rent the stylist usually likes that better if they have an established client base and can make more money that way...but if they are just starting out the prefer the 60/40 split because if they are slow they know their rent is paid off what clients they have done..I like the week or by month way the best on booth rent because you have a consistent income coming in but that is just my opinion...hope this helped

Thanks very much for your reply Randie!
Would anyone else mind sharing their thoughts too please?

Latest posts

Back