New salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yasmin

Reaction score
Hi, all you geeks out there Im opening a salon (hair and beauty) in a couple of weeks and wondered if you could advise on utility companies that give the best business rates. If you have any other advise on things like insurance or anything that you think will help It would be appreciated.

Thanks

If my experience is anything to go by, you will be pestered by electricity companies vying for your business.

Be careful, I signed up for a 2 year fixed deal on what was said to be the cheapest local rate. After 3 months the rate went up!!!!!

I questioned this and was told, the price of the electricity has remained the same, the cost of distributing it to my salon has risen, I should read my small print, Grrrrrrrrr!

I have heard horror stories about the end of the contract period too, if you don't give 3 months notice, they will automatically renew you and you are stitched into another year or 2.

If you join the FSB, they have some good rates for members for telephones etc.

I heard these were cheap too: -
Cheap business phone line rental for small businesses

I can't help with utility co's but wanted to wish you luck with the new salon.

I can't help with utility co's but wanted to wish you luck with the new salon.

Thanks to both of you. i decided to go for virgin business telephone line and am still looking for an electric supplier :)

Thanks to both of you. i decided to go for virgin business telephone line and am still looking for an electric supplier :)

I don't know if they do it but You switch are good for comparing so if you know who and what the last shop occupants had it will give you a starting point.
Good luck with it and lets see some photo's, we love photo's :D

Latest posts

Back