new sculpted gel tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope she does do the pow and white builder in the same ONLY for a tutorial purpose.
Otherwise, makes absolutely no sense to me to do the french twice?:confused:

Actually, I usually use both builder white and POW for most of my full sets. I don't really consider it doing a french twice though, because I'm not using the builder white for color purpose but rather for the strength and viscocity. I don't really fuss with the smile line or freeze cure each nail to perfect it, I just like to build the tip with it because I find it easier to judge the shape and thickness with the white rather than the clear and I find it very durable for clients. Then I build up the apex with clear builder, then natural coverage cool from cuticle to tip to self level. I finish with the POW because I love the crisp smile line and the ultra white color.

Seems like a lot of steps I know, but I save plenty of time by not fussing with the white at the begining and not worrying about keeping the pink off the white, since it gets covered with POW.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I'm planning on doind a glitter french tutorial one of these days, just need to find the time....

i wish my gel sculpting went anything as well as yours , mine was a complete nightmare :lol: which to be honest put me off gel totally ,but i might jst try do a bit more practice now , thanks :green:

Well, my first few sets were a nightmare too:wink2:

If you put your mind to it and practice, your skills will improve more with each time. You can always go back to the tutorials to check your technique.

Actually, I usually use both builder white and POW for most of my full sets. I don't really consider it doing a french twice though, because I'm not using the builder white for color purpose but rather for the strength and viscocity. I don't really fuss with the smile line or freeze cure each nail to perfect it, I just like to build the tip with it because I find it easier to judge the shape and thickness with the white rather than the clear and I find it very durable for clients. Then I build up the apex with clear builder, then natural coverage cool from cuticle to tip to self level. I finish with the POW because I love the crisp smile line and the ultra white color.

Seems like a lot of steps I know, but I save plenty of time by not fussing with the white at the begining and not worrying about keeping the pink off the white, since it gets covered with POW.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it! I'm planning on doind a glitter french tutorial one of these days, just need to find the time....

Just a quick question :)
when building your apex with the clear gel, do you cure before applying your natural coverage cool?

I quite like this way of sculpting. Im going to give it a whirl! xx

Excellent video.

Not too sure about using an efile on the nail.

And I could only wish that everyone had perfect free edges (like her model) to work with.:)

Latest posts

Back