new sculpted gel tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aunaturale

Reaction score
Check out Gina's new full set tutorial......
Tutorials
It will really help with your sculpting, if you are having issues with that.
Of coarse she makes it look soooo simple:wink2:

looks so easy doesn't it - I'll get there one day.

that was great to watch..i love watching demo's...i have no sound on my comp as my speakers are poorly so this may have been mentioned on the video but how come she put POW on after the sculpting white ?

lovely

i wonder how the drill feels on the toes prefer a file myself

that was great to watch..i love watching demo's...i have no sound on my comp as my speakers are poorly so this may have been mentioned on the video but how come she put POW on after the sculpting white ?

this is wahat i thought but her sequence of application was different to mine and by putting the pink on after the white dulls the white

Time consuming:)

If I remember correctly,gina said in her tutorials she likes to use both builder and POW just for application demonstration purpose.That way you can see how to apply each. As far as her time frame, I think it only takes her an hour to do a full set of sculpts.Just love to watch her work and her results are always wonderful.I personally thought her work looked great before the POW was applied.

If I remember correctly,gina said in her tutorials she likes to use both builder and POW just for application demonstration purpose.That way you can see how to apply each. As far as her time frame, I think it only takes her an hour to do a full set of sculpts.Just love to watch her work and her results are always wonderful.I personally thought her work looked great before the POW was applied.

so why put the pink over the top

full set in 1 hour fab and a great set of videos might do one myself next year

For some reason the colour is all strange on the tutorial. Its bright neon colours, I cant see it properly. Odd! :(

I really don't know what her reason was for doing the pink over the white.:confused: Maybe she will visit this site and give you her explanation on that. I really didn't think about that, I was just happy to see a good detailed video with some beautiful end results:)

I really don't know what her reason was for doing the pink over the white.:confused: Maybe she will visit this site and give you her explanation on that. I really didn't think about that, I was just happy to see a good detailed video with some beautiful end results:)

Oh me too and i think they are fab and her control with the drill was great i would love her to do my nails. We all work in different ways :)

I was amazed that I couldn't hear her drill in the video.If it is that quiet,I would love to have one of those:lol:

Yep its still the same. Must just be me. Maybe some sort of settings i need to change on my comp. Silly thing! xx

great tutorials.i could watch them for hours.i love the brush she used and the idea of using the side of it to sweep the smile line.she made it look so much easier that way.im definately going to try that myself and see if it makes any difference.very nice results,i bet her client was very happy.

Interesting tutorial.

I hope she does do the pow and white builder in the same ONLY for a tutorial purpose.
Otherwise, makes absolutely no sense to me to do the french twice?:confused:

Great work, I like how she works too.
I would kill for that little hose on the end of her e-file, that's for sure:!:
Her salon must have minimal dust due to that.

Looking forward to seeing more tuts.

Great demo of sculpting - I really enjoyed that, thanks:)

I can't watch the vid at the moment but will watch it tonight when I'm at home.

I tried sculpting with gel last week and it was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE !!!

Hopefully this will give me some tips.

Marlise

Here are some of the comments Gina has made about her tutorial on another forum, hope this helps clear a bit up about the POW/Sculpting white method that she used.. :lol:
"I always show an example of the POW method and also the sculpted white when I teach a class. Everyone agrees that the smile line definition and the crispness of the POW looks better than just the builder french white alone. I always use builder french white to sculpt for its strength and durability and because it's easier to see the gel when you're sculpting when it is white rather than clear .But if you notice, I don't fuss with my smile line when applying the builder white, and I don't have to worry about keeping the pink off the white, because I use the POW in the end. Some people do prefer a less defined white, in that case I will leave it without the POW. We also have a gel called French White, which is less white than the builder white for people who want a really natural looking tip. There is also a POW Natural you can use instead of backfilling for the natural look.
"It takes me 1 hour to do a full set. I usually work faster than I did in the video. It seems like alot of steps would take too long, but you're curing one hand while working on the other, so no times wasted. When you apply the gel in a thick layer it's harder to get it laid down just right and it takes longer to work with it. By applying a thinner coat, curing and then going back to touch up certain areas I find it easier to get a better shape. Like in my fill tutorial, I needed no finish filing."

"As far as the thickness of the nail, it depends on the condition of the natural nail, the length of the enhancement, and the lifestyle of the client. For instance, I have a client who owns a horse farm. Her nails take alot of abuse so I always make them a little thicker for added strength. I have another client who is a college student and doesn't do much. Her nails are naturally strong and on the short side so I make hers thinner."
HTH everyone! :hug:

Victoria
If you go to Gina's website, you will see several pictures of her salon set up. It is beautiful and first class. She has a central vac hook up at each nail station. You can just about feel the warm atmosphere looking at the pictures! Gina is a regular on the Beauty Tech forum and she has so much to offer. I, like many, have learned so much from reading her posts.

I love her salon's pedicure setup, very nice.I am waiting for her to post more tutorials,she does such beautiful work.

Latest posts

Back