New Shellac client - nails peeled same night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHOWE

Reaction score
I'm at a total loss.
I performed a Shellac manicure on a client yesterday. I followed the procedure to a T and she text me within 3 hours to say that the side edges had lifted. I offered to remove them today but by the time I saw her the Shellac had been removed. She normally wears Gelish and gets about 2 weeks wear out of it even though she is very heavy on her hands i.e. gym every day, swimming , cleaning with no gloves.

Is it true that some people simply can not wear Shellac or Gelish....or any other brand for that matter, and that they are more suited to certain brands.

As a loyal customer I have offered a free service.....but frustrating isn't it????

Can I just ask if gelish is soak off or buff off?

Some people don't get on with shellac. Where it's a hybrid it's not quite as strong so if a person has weak, thin or damaged nails then a purely gel gel polish may be better for them as it gives more strength. Gelish is pure gel so can be a good alternative for those who can't wear shellac.

I know you said you followed it to a T but can you break it down for me :) what you applied how you removed it also what lamp did you cure the product in ?

She does sound a nightmare with her lack of care

Latest posts

Back