New Shellac colour must haves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
I'm looking at the new shellac colours but have worked out I probably wont be able to afford them all along with the other items that will be on my shopping list when I go to pro beauty (assuming i make it there!) so will limit myself to about 7 colour or the salon rack. Only problem is, I dont know how to choose 7 colours!

What will be your new colour must- haves?

The ones I must get (or I will be told off by a few clients!) are-

-Black pool
-Rock Royalty
-Mother of pearl
- Hot pop pink

I also will need a light pink/ neutral for my fave client (she wont change from strawberry smoothie at the moment so i'd like to offer something different but similar for her!)

Which 7 would you choose?

Here's a link to a preview of the new colours:

Introducing Shellac 2.0 - CND Debuts 12 New Shellac Shades!

Just had a look and the last 6 bottles in the rack will defo be on my list.

Would like mother of pearl too has im sure this will be a glitter effect? And a nice light pink.

Sod it might has well get all 12! :)

edited to add; Thanks for the link. I haven't seen this before xx

Definately the last 4, but then I haven't ordered any yet, getting the lot with lamp next week :D (did I tell you I'm excited lmao)

I think I'd like the last 4 on the rack, plus the first pink (no. 6 from left). Thats got me to thinking should I leave off the strawberry smoothie for now, as it looks similar and I thought SS looked a little too light a pink, oh dear, decisions, decisions

I want them ALL and I want them NOW!!! You best hold on tight to that bump hun, it wont be the same if your not there xxxxxx

It is so difficult to only choose half! I like too many!
Only thing is, I have been layering so not sure if either masquerade or decadence is similar enough to red baroness over fedora. I'll decide between those 2 when i see them and get one out of the 2.

Your welcome Karen :)

I want them ALL and I want them NOW!!! You best hold on tight to that bump hun, it wont be the same if your not there xxxxxx

:hug: I WILL be there! (Thinking posotive!)
I'm not doing any star jumps/ special oils/ curry etc until after the show! Harry was late by 10 days.
I'm due 12 days after the show :eek: so hopefully i'll hold out for it! xx

I LOVE them all too, especially the darker ones. I only hope they have enough stock for us all this time, :lol:.kx

As long as I get Black Pool I will be extremly happy!!

oooh well if u get fadora, u can mix it with negligee, wildfire an another few colours n it gives you different colours, ie the fadora n negligee give u like a grey metal colour etc! u used to be able to buy i tink it was 8 polishes and the top n base coat for around £xxx? i know there is one of those kits selling on ebay now with a bid of £xxx, last i looked, so that works out a bit cheaper than buying them individually?

hope u can decide as its soooo hard to choose! x

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh well if u get fadora, u can mix it with negligee, wildfire an another few colours n it gives you different colours, ie the fadora n negligee give u like a grey metal colour etc! u used to be able to buy i tink it was 8 polishes and the top n base coat for around £xxx? i know there is one of those kits selling on ebay now with a bid of £xxx, last i looked, so that works out a bit cheaper than buying them individually?

So basically not much more than buying from an authorised distributer. Just curious Kayleigh why would you buy from ebay? and have you thought about the business ethics of the people selling? how do you know its shellac? what happens if you have problems with your product whom do you ring? alot of us had problems with base coat and it turns out it was a bad batch and s2 exchanged them no probs for new bottles, what would you do if this happened?

Just curious xxx

Do you buy all your products on fleabay?
Sounds unprofessional to me.

It is a tough decision to choose and yes at the moment I already use fedora for layering successfully. Its great isnt it!?

I have to say though for the good reasons listed above I would rather just wait another few weeks longer and get my products from my regular distributor. I was one who had a faulty base and it was refunded no problem.
I also know what the product I am buying really is when I buy legally.

I did get a salon rack when they originally came out and have looked at doing this again as the deal is very good, but i think for the colours I want and unless i can increase my budget in time I may just buy individually.

Sorry but why isn't spike on there ? :(

Sorry but why isn't spike on there ? :(

Because we can already make it with Fedora and Red Baroness :green:

As much as my and I clients love Spike I would rather have another different bottle of Shellac colour!

I can't wait for all 12 new colours. I am going to set aside a few hours with them and my Colourpops and just play :lol:

Hmmm I wonder what Iced Cappuccino will look like over Black Pool?

All I hope for is that they're ready for the demand of the stronger colours and that we don't have a repeat of last year. Although I'm sure that they will have that covered.

I have to say that whilst I like most of the colours I'm a little disappointed with some as they look pretty similar to the first collection although it's difficult to judge when we can't see them in the flesh, so to speak.

Latest posts

Back