New Shellac colours, thinner in consistency?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the newer bottle if shellac are thinner? At first I thought it was just the new colors, starting with the spring line, but the summer line as well, and I even replaced my rubble and that seems thinner. Application wise, this is wonderful, but I feel as if they aren't as good of coverage.
I shake each bottle 100+ times before application, with force against my palm so I feel like I am shaking them enough, has anyone noticed this though or am I just going crazy?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

Has anyone noticed that the newer bottle if shellac are thinner? At first I thought it was just the new colors, starting with the spring line, but the summer line as well, and I even replaced my rubble and that seems thinner. Application wise, this is wonderful, but I feel as if they aren't as good of coverage.
I shake each bottle 100+ times before application, with force against my palm so I feel like I am shaking them enough, has anyone noticed this though or am I just going crazy?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

I've noticed but I actually prefer them thinner as I used to hate it when they were thick and gloopy (fedora was always the worst!). Hmm I've been needing 3 coats of azure wish, and cake pop as that can look streaky now you mention it. All in all though I prefer them this consistency.

I only have two of the four summer colors. Water park is thick but in a good way, it's perfect. I think grape gum is much thinner and I don't like it as much. I see what you mean about the spring colors though too.

I have also noticed they are much thinner and wondered if the formula was slightly different to allow LED curing with the new lamp that people were talking about a while back? X

We have all noticed that they are a lot thinner especially grape gum and being so thin they tend to shrink around the edges quickly? Also I agree it's changes since they have re packaged the bottles... Strange :s

LOVE Grape Gum colour ... not so in love with Grape Gum consistency ... its the only one i really do not like applying which is a shame ... i dont mind the thinner consistency so much as some are easier to apply, however i am now using more product which is not so great to get the coverage i wanted and have had previously ... actually Romantique is now another and that was always a firm favourite here xx

I only have two of the four summer colors. Water park is thick but in a good way, it's perfect. I think grape gum is much thinner and I don't like it as much. I see what you mean about the spring colors though too.

Yes I too think they have changed, much thinner & I dare say its in prep for LED lamp, (although we have been told its not). It just means we have to apply 3 coats instead of two!! :/

Latest posts

Back