New site-app?

K~Anne

The App does not work anymore. The new website is mobile friendly though! Xx

The App does not work anymore. The new website is mobile friendly though! Xx
But you can get an app style link from the drop down menu on the side of your phone when you're on the site - at least I can x

K~Anne

Ye, those are a little funny. They basically trigger at different stages (e.g. x amount of posts or x amount of likes). I haven't really delved into them to "geekify" them yet. But I will :)
Do likes carry across.. In one place I have 14 listed another I have none.. Or I may just be stupid and confused.. Lol x

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
They should have all carried over

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Well, I for one am falling in love with salon Geek all over again, and think it's fantastic that we will all be able to access and see all the same things now there is no App v Full site divide.
I cannot imagine how much work this has been updating the site, but speaking as someone who has come through a few upgrades....this is the BEST!

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Thanks Izz! Means a lot :)

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
I'm loving this Babe... Well done. Maybe you can come to bed before 2am now? Loads easier to see everything than the old app. @The Geek

Love the update! So much easier to navigate round and much easier to use. Great job

Redduck

Love the new site - easy to use and very clear. Impressed!

ParissD

Love the new site - easy to use and very clear. Impressed!
For some reason my update on ipad isn't working :( so have to use actual internet.

Where do I go to get into 'Groups'

Noodle

Staff member
Where do I go to get into 'Groups'
As the site's new transition allows all members to see exactly the same (the app did not allow this), the social groups have now gone.

Ok thanks I wondered where it had gone

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Well, I for one am falling in love with salon Geek all over again, and think it's fantastic that we will all be able to access and see all the same things now there is no App v Full site divide.
I cannot imagine how much work this has been updating the site, but speaking as someone who has come through a few upgrades....this is the BEST!
I'm getting used to it :)

One query though, I could never find Nail Critiques on the app and I Still can't on this new site via my phone, is there a Link for it?

Noodle

Staff member
There is no separate nail critiques section at the moment (I'm not sure there will be actually), so anyone nail techs wanting opinions on their work should just start a new thread in Nail then add photo attachments.

Last edited:

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
There is no separate nail critiques section at the moment (I'm not sure there will be actually), so anyone nail techs wanting opinions on their work should just start a new thread in Nail then add photo attachments.
Seems the best idea tbh as a lot of people did still use the main forum anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:

surf girl

Just to let admin know, the typing area to reply to threads is a bit glitchy, sometimes I can type other times I type a few words and it freezes this writing area, can't delete or press space but can press done, also I can't go to a certain area I.e if I wanted to add an extra word in somewhere above, I can I've got to delete all text to get to the word (example above I've written can instead of can't)

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
What browser and device?

surf girl