New spray tan machine review GLAM

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
I have been trailing the New GLAM spray tanning machine, and have sent it out to some of our busiest spray tanners to test. The verdict from all was that its a real contender against the TS50 it has 3 speed settings and a heat function for drying.
The needle and spray heads are made from teflon hence no need to strip and clean the gun anymore, the gun has a dial similar to the TS50, but is half the size and very sleek looking, the Base of the machine is pretty and less industrial looking than the ts50 it is also notably quieter. it has a 650w motor and will be capable of doing multiple tans.
On the downside we have only been testing it for a few months, so reliability is not known yet, it is also made outside the uk. so for stockists returns and sustainable stock maybe an issue, but time will tell.
The hose is not very long, The machine splatters on the lower settings but performs well on the higher settings (using Our solution) The heat function is a bit of a con. there is no heater element within the machine it uses air that has passed over the motor. but it does work.
and it only comes with one cup, however extra cups can be purchased. we only add something to our stock list after we have given it a thorough testing and put it through the mill. and not many machines get the Steve Seal of Approval... This one does :) its not better than the ts50 it wont make you any more money, But it is a very pretty machine that looks at home in a salon

Image.aspx.html.jpeg this is the new Glam machine that i am recommending as an alternative to the ts50

Hi Steve
As I am new to spray tanning I wondered if you could advise me on which spray tan machine to purchase. There are soo many on the market I've confused myself by looking at too many ! I did my training with SiennaX and they recommend the true spray machine, is this the same as the TS20?
I'd really appreciate your advise, thanks

i have never been a big fan of the true spray T200 machine. because the motor that powers the turbine unit is prone to failure. however the gun is very good. the old 5008 was the best machine ever made for tanning in my opinion it was a cross between the T200 gun and a british motor, but unfortunately the makers decided to change the design:sad: and re market it at the ts50 however !! I have just found at the back of beyond in the shadows of Nouvatan towers a pallet full of forgotten 5008s !!! if you want the best of the best ring us

I have had my T100 since I started spraying 7-8 years ago and it is still going strong.

I have been using the glam machine for some time now and it is lovely little machine, although it has been around in one guise or another for years. Speed needs to be set on high as it does spit on anything lower. It is tempting to set the solution flow at the midway point but there is quite a bit of overspray I find, so no more than 2.5 to 3 for me and this minimises any overspray.

Hope this has helped

The best machine is the earlex 5008 they stopped making it a couple of years ago. and replaced it with the TS50 but since i wrote this review it has been re released. for a limited period, it is basically a ts50 with a simpler gun.

The best machine is the earlex 5008 they stopped making it a couple of years ago. and replaced it with the TS50 but since i wrote this review it has been re released. for a limited period, it is basically a ts50 with a simpler gun.

I can't decide which tan solution to start back up with I trained with puri tan but I'm wanting to relaunch after sometime away.
I'm deciding between nouvatan or sienna x. I'm leaning more to nouvatan at the moment as I'm impressed which the website and the promotional/ marketing things offered and I like the idea of organic products. Can you advise what's the best kit to get started with Steve?

its down to personal choice and how busy you predict yourself to be, the ts20 kits are good for no more than 3 tans on the run, the ts50 kit is our best seller as it comes with free training, but you can have the 5008 and the glam kit for the same price .. my personal choice would be the 5008 its bomb proof they just dont break and are a doddle to use

Hi Steve,

What is the difference between the Helia Gun & a 5008 Gun? I am trying to decide which brand to use and kit to buy and it is between Nouvatan and another brand. I will be working as a mobile therapist for parties and I have a beauty room set up at home so I will need a machine that can do multiple tans in one session.

Thanks in advance :)

Latest posts

Back