New spray tan machine TS50 review

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
As i mentioned in a post late last year the makers of the popular 5008/ Maximist machines are discontinuing manufacture.
The machine that replaces the current machine is now called the TS50 Helia and i have been testing it out for a few weeks now so thought i would write this review.
The base is basically the same as the previous machine These british made machines are bullet proof ! we have a base unit from 2008 that refuses to burn out and does it get some hammer so i am very pleased that they have retained the same base unit design. The hose has been improved.
The gun is a whole new concept. with a numbered dial on the back that is operated by the thumb. and the spray head adjustment for different spray patterns operates by a switch on the side of the spray head. and takes seconds to change rather than unscrewing and repositioning the spray head.
It has been designed specifically for beauticians and is a lot less industrial looking it has an internal soft plastic trigger and no more gland nut to play with or leak from. so that we can say Put the dial on 3 and the spray head on the flat rugby ball and off you go.
The gun will not give you any more tans per litre than the existing 5008 gun. we are still using 35ml per body. its nice and light and i am pleased with the results
The cleaning of the gun is a little more tricky and rather than explain how to clean the gun i have done a little instructional video. i am not used to doing public speaking or anything but i thought it would be the best way to show you the machines workings and i am sure this video will be very usefull in the future for all geeks who buy this machine from any company
Cleaning helia ts50 spray tanning Gun - YouTube

Very interesting Steve.

The gun does look like it will be much easier to use and is a lot less industrial looking too.

Will the guns be available to buy on their own for those of us who have 5008 and have no need for a new machine but fancy the new gun for it's looks and ease of use.

Very interesting Steve.

The gun does look like it will be much easier to use and is a lot less industrial looking too.

Will the guns be available to buy on their own for those of us who have 5008 and have no need for a new machine but fancy the new gun for it's looks and ease of use.
yes you can buy just the gun on its own if you want to Pimp up your 5008

Great presentation Steve...very helpful.... New gun looks fab and much more user friendly....like Baggy Bear can we buy gun with machine??

Just saw your reply to Baggybear......coooool...😊

Great presentation Steve...very helpful.... New gun looks fab and much more user friendly....like Baggy Bear can we buy gun with machine??
meant buy gun withOUT machine...tired puppy tonight lol x

Can you PM me the expected price for the gun please Steve.

I'm not sure if I want to change my gun or not as I am used to mine now, and totally happy with using it, setting it, cleaning etc.. but the new gun does look the bees knees lol. Decissions decissions

Oh yeah I wondered if there is a weight difference to the guns?

there about the same weight. the bulge is not solid. it houses the needle adjustment mechanism the gun goes from fully open to shut in one turn. as i have said in tests it performed exactly the same as the existing 5008 gun around 35ml per tan in the hands of a good therapist. as you all know we dont do Bull S.. at Nouvatan we have built a business and reputation on our honesty. so unless you want it for ease of adjustment and the way it looks then there is no economic reason to purchase this gun on its own. it wont make you any more money

Mmmmm ok thanks Steve.

Will have a think about things and see if I want it just for the way it looks - might have to ask the other half to buy it for me as a pressie so I don't feel so guilty spending out on something I don't really need, but I want for how it looks lol.

Mmmmm ok thanks Steve.

Will have a think about things and see if I want it just for the way it looks - might have to ask the other half to buy it for me as a pressie so I don't feel so guilty spending out on something I don't really need, but I want for how it looks lol.
Feel guilty lol ... so how many pairs of shoes and handbags do you own that you dont really need.but bought for its looks lol

I have to say I have been thing about which spray company to go with. But after seeing steve's down to earth video and his honest replies - that's secured it for me. I will be in touch with nouatan tomorrow. Many thanks :)

Sorry that was thinking not thinging!

Feel guilty lol ... so how many pairs of shoes and handbags do you own that you dont really need.but bought for its looks lol

Believe it or not Steve I only own 1 pair of boots (that were bought for my birthday), 1 pair of trainers and a few (5/6) 'going out' shoes and a small selection of handbags (prob 4/5).

With 4 kids I often go without for them to have and most of my going out things (clothes, shoes & bags) were bought for me as gifts because I just don't spend on myself. Not a typical girly girl at all lol.

I really do feel guilty about having things just because of how they look, I don't have ornaments or knicknacs & all pictures in the house are of my kids and I will spend as little as possible on me to buy just what I need to get by in life.

when will this be for sale on the nouvatan website steve? I'd like to buy one

Believe it or not Steve I only own 1 pair of boots (that were bought for my birthday), 1 pair of trainers and a few (5/6) 'going out' shoes and a small selection of handbags (prob 4/5).

With 4 kids I often go without for them to have and most of my going out things (clothes, shoes & bags) were bought for me as gifts because I just don't spend on myself. Not a typical girly girl at all lol.

I really do feel guilty about having things just because of how they look, I don't have ornaments or knicknacs & all pictures in the house are of my kids and I will spend as little as possible on me to buy just what I need to get by in life.
well said "your a rare breed" my Mrs has got 100s of pairs of shoes and handbags but no children of her own.
Like ive said theres no milage in buying the new unit if your old ones working fine. we should have these in stock end of next week and there a good price but obviously i cant mention it on here. I will be posting the price when i recieve the guns on the Nouvatan facebook page Nouvatan Spray Tanning - Health/Beauty - Birmingham | Facebook

what a great video. You look nothing like I imagined. Thought you would be a pretty boy. You remind me of John Thompson from the fast show. NICE LOL x x

Steve, does the handle still sit in the machine like the old one did? x

Steve, does the handle still sit in the machine like the old one did? x

Yes There is an adaptor that slots into the existing hole in the base unit to allow it to take the new style gun. I have those coming as well.

what a great video. You look nothing like I imagined. Thought you would be a pretty boy. You remind me of John Thompson from the fast show. NICE LOL x x
I was a pretty boy 25 years ago. I grew up in the same area as John Thompson. maybe hes a brother from another mother lol :biggrin:

when will this be for sale on the nouvatan website steve? I'd like to buy one
they are in stock . We got the first batch from the factory. We are taking them to excel and will have one set up so that people can have a go at spraying some couch roll or there friends with it. :)

Latest posts

Back