New spray tanner, plus extras

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanMatt

Reaction score
Hello all

Ive read to about page 25 and ive decided to join, youve all given me so much info and help.

Im a skin cancer scientist and I work for a skin cancer charity as the medical sscience liaison.

Ive decided to add spray tanning to my service, and qualified last week.

I want to be mobile, use the best products, do bridal parties etc and im looking to charge £20-25. Theres no one that I can find in my village, the nearest salon is about 20mins drive/5miles away.

I am also toying with the idea of training in acid peels and microneedling. I was ondering i these would be popular, and what sort of price could I charge for those please?

I am yet to sort out my insurance but I have looked at some. Id like to be able to tan people who ave had cancer, I find it sad that we cant. My tutor said insurance won't cover it. But is there any company that would? Especially if i work in skin cancer, and a high number of those people used sun beds, they still want to tan but safely, they've told me.

Thanks everyone, youre a great bunch

Struggling with a name too. Spray it again, San? Haha

You certainly can spray people that have had skin cancer. Its a lot safer than beds or tanning outside.You need to make sure any removals have healed. Also if they're on medication it can alter the skins ph balance so you would be best to use a lower % to stop the tan going orange. Also remind them that tan solution does not contain sun screen, so they will need to apply their own.xx

With regards to acid peels and microneedling courses, I'm pretty sure you need to have at least level 2 Beauty Therapy under your belt, if not Level 3. Although as a skin cancer scientist I imagine your A&P knowledge is very good so you could be eligible without.

Latest posts

Back