New Staff!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie21

Reaction score
Gosh it’s been a while, hello everyone!

I need your advice Please girlies.
We are employing a new member of staff that has been in out out of hairdressing since having her children 12 years back. We are going to be training her up and getting her up to date with the latest trends; we are also sending her on a loreal course worth £250.
we are unsure on the pay we should offer her as part time, if I give you the hours and amounts would you guys be brutally honest and tell me if you think its to high or too low. This also includes 20 days holiday and is only for the first 3 months, after then we will be introducing commission.

ok here it goes,
for working 80 hours a month @ £6.87 it gives her £550

for exta hours like late nights at 104 hours per month @ £6.87 gives her £714, now i think this is alot for those hours.
also she will not be very profitable in the first 3 months as she has no clientele and needs to learn more skills.
so is this to much for junior work in those first months?

i dont want to be to forward but a really am stuck as i have never done part time work before!

i appreciate you reading this, i will keep you informed!:)

I think £6.87 is very generous considering she has been out of it quite a time and you are re -training her & bringing her skills up to date!!

you sound like a lovely boss to me!!

i went back into hair being out of it for as long as she has, I only got paid minimum wage and where I live it is around £5.50 an hour wage or self employed basis.

what I will suggest is that if you get her to sign a contract is that if she leaves within the three months trial, she has to pay you back the money for the loreal course.

a local salon near metraned a girl to convert to a nail brand and she buggerd off!!

thanks for your help, you gave me the answer i wanted to hear.... your a star!:wink2:

I think we are going to do £5.50 an hour and then 10% commision on the client she charges full price too?

thanks again hun

thanks for your help, you gave me the answer i wanted to hear.... your a star!:wink2:

I think we are going to do £5.50 an hour and then 10% commision on the client she charges full price too?

thanks again hun
Even with this wage i would get her to sign something so if she leaves after been trained up she has to reimburse you the cost of the training course

You are welcome hun.:)
I wish I had the opportunity to have worked in your salon, no the nob I worked for!!!

Latest posts

Back