New starter with questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflowerspray

Reaction score
Hi All
Please could I ask how many of you talented tanners , are able to do this as there main income ?
I’m just starting out .. at 41 years old , looking for something new .. but still have the day job !
Could I make a reasonable living from this ?

It depends where you live I guess. Also I have found offering more than one service can help.

I couldn't make a full time wage from just doing spray tans. It's too much of a seasonal thing. I'm from UK, not sure where you are xx

Hi, I am 41 and started spray tanning last August. I do quite a lot of tans but don't make enough to live off. I have another job and my spray tans work around it.

Thanks for the reply’s , I think I will look into an add on ? Maybe lashes .
I also have a full time job in a school but I’m ready for a total change , but @ 41 years old , may have left it a bit late x

Hi there, it's never too late ...there's plenty of us oldies nearing 60 .
Some clients prefer the mature therapists anyway, thankfully.
Do lashes for starters if that drives you ( I don't) then see how you feel when that is under your belt as to what you could learn then.
Go for it , you will love it. You will have an ideal client base if you start to put the word out to fellow collegues, staff and maybe some of the parents.
My children's school was a good place for me to gain clients when my children were little.
good luck x

Thank you I’m going to look into some local course (Hertfordshire) in lashes and possibly nails , and stick out the day job , until I’m in a situation to go solo xx

I offer spray tans alongside other beauty and nail treatments. I have a small designated spray tan room so it would be great if it was in more use as it's a quick service to offer, but I find it very seasonal and I've noticed in my area sun beds are becoming more popular again.

Oh yes, and I'm a more mature Therapist too!

Learning to do lashes is hard, but worth it. After you have done the course, you will need to practice loads on friends & family. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes like second nature.

And being able to offer lashes AND tans is a huge advantage.

Learning to do lashes is hard, but worth it. After you have done the course, you will need to practice loads on friends & family. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes like second nature.

And being able to offer lashes AND tans is a huge advantage.
And brows too!

Latest posts

Back