New Style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the new style?

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hey guys... Just activated the new style to get some feedback. I am tweaking about and will be emailing the style designer later with some observations at which time I may swap the site back.

A couple of things:
  • The home page system has changed. The shoutbox is gone, but will make it back when I can find a better version for the new front page system.
  • Things like the gallery and quiz are more than likely screwy (with missing images and such)... not to worry... ill be sorting those out next.
What are your thoughts so far?

I like it - just will take a bit of getting use to. Thought my PC was on the blink again. Also, like the User CP and the Top Reputations, plus the longer recent thread listings

I like it a lot! Very trendy!!!

hi

I dont like it much :o sorry, too pale for me. and it dosnt fill my screen. :sad:

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is an option for the expanded style... try that angel

Nice and easy to read, easy on the eye.

I can't decide if it's as destinctive as previous, has the site lost some of it's identity, or is it just a case of geting used to the new style....probably the latter. Actually, I don't think that the header is as distinctive as it was, it seems a lot smaller.

Expanded width not happening!!

Seems a lot quicker to download though :)

Just my opinion!!!

Hi

I've just tried to expand the width, but it doesn't seem to work.

crystal100 said:
Hi

I've just tried to expand the width, but it doesn't seem to work.
Thats odd... works here. Maybe its a cookies problem?

The Nail Geek said:
Thats odd... works here. Maybe its a cookies problem?
Sorted it now... try it out.

Ya know Sam I really like it. It's tres stylish. I knew something was different when it began loading & realised you'd activated the new & improved site.

I hope you like the look of your new baby & if you don't we know you're sure to do something about it.

The Nail Geek said:
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is an option for the expanded style... try that angel

Hi sam

Nope nothing happened! you just click on it right??

is there any way to go to active posts since last visit or am i just missing it some where :confused:

I'm a Star said:
is there any way to go to active posts since last visit or am i just missing it some where :confused:

I think it's in the top left hand corner when you first access the site :green:

Test (I wasn't having much luck with the 'quick reply' button)

Oooh it works now :o

hi ya its abit too pale for me i do prefer the older style and the width isnt working i clicked but nothing happened?

also on the forums its harder to read who wrote the last post
just my thoughts thanx s xx:)

My expanded width style doesnt work either - but i like it! will take a bit of getting used to though........ Have to say I dont envy you, just taken my hubby ALL DAY to do my website!!:eek: :o and we cant even get a guestbook!! LOL

Hey

ya know what its growing on me. Still would like it wider though! And if its not toooo cheeky some better smilies?? hmm Sam??? in your spare time :)

mkay... Think I finally got the changing style thing sorted.
Try it again.

The 'New Posts' option is in the navigation bar or in the Quick Links Menu.

And I am more than open for any constructive criticism :) I too think it may be a little on the light side (a little cold). I am writing up a list of these things for the designer (how else can he know ;) )

So keep your thoughts coming :)

Expanded width now in full bloom!

HEY ITS WIDER!! LOL thats much better!
If you dont mind me saying those diagnol lines do my eyes no good yuk.
A little pale for me.

cheersxx

Latest posts

Back