New Style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the new style?

• Total voters
I thought i had gone to the wrong site lol............. in the middle of browsing and all of a sudden the look changed lmfao..............

Yep I like it very much, click on the expand option at the bottom of the page and it fills your screen .............well I have about 15inches of geekieness here lol........... ok no bragging lol...................
Gonna have a look around and see whats what now
But its looking good from here sam.......AOL still dond't like the geeksite email option........I have tried everything and it just wont have it............but hey I got explorer browser...........strange thing is AOL is using explorer as a base , just added their own stuff to it.............Aohell at it's best lol............

I like it Sam, after all it is the content that matters to me more than the actual colours on the screen LOL.

One question - what are the boxes on the left hand side at the posts - it used to be stars and now look a bit like PC screens?

Worked it out - it is the same as the stars - green if I have posted in the thread but some have + in the boxes.

Thanks Sam, works OK now...much better on a wide screen.
Not too keen on the pale colours, but I suppose it will take getting used to.

naturalnails said:
I like it Sam, after all it is the content that matters to me more than the actual colours on the screen LOL.

One question - what are the boxes on the left hand side at the posts - it used to be stars and now look a bit like PC screens?
They tell you the same as the stars used to...........
If you scroll to the bottom of the post page there is the explanation for the little icons lol................

yep colour doesn't matter it's the posts that count lol...........

HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
They tell you the same as the stars used to...........
If you scroll to the bottom of the post page there is the explanation for the little icons lol................

yep colour doesn't matter it's the posts that count lol...........

HTH

Sorry Ruth, no explanation of icons that I could find - I scrolled until I could scroll no more!

I think Fiona means the new Reputation and Report Bad post Icons... They are the same as they were before, but different (err... yea!)
Just hold your mouse over them for the time being... I am writing a list for the designer... thats one of them (cant tell what they are).
And yes, the feeling that the site is slightly pale/colder is on there too. I think he can fix both in one go (add some colourful icons and that would warm it up a bit)

Which on is it Fiona,
please look at the attached picture babe xxx
thanks babe xxx

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 107
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 88
Initial thoughts are that there is too little distinction between all the blue things! It all looks the same, all the post things except the green one that tells you you have replied to the post.

I also miss the forums ... main, chit chat etc on the blue bar above. It is a pain to have to go to forums, then the forum page and then to click the forum you want. I preferred the pull down box.

The screen does look a little small compared to the other. Oh .. sorted that now!

I agree with the 'pale' thing.

Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to something new when we were all used to and liked the other format. Sort of like walking into a newly decorated room when you were comfortable with the old one. It changes the ambiance of the site. It will not feel comfortable for awhile.

i'm sorry but i dont think i like it as much as the old style.....i personally think its very pale looking....i thought something was wrong with the colours on my monitor.........it was also easier to make out the last posts that had been made with the old layout.

maybe it will just take a bit of getting used to :|

stanleyann

I have sent off my long list of things to the designer who should get most of these things cleared up by the end of this week (fingers crossed).
As far as the Forums drop down menu... I personally removed it as the vast majority of users never... um... used it ;)

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Which on is it Fiona,
please look at the attached picture babe xxx
thanks babe xxx

Thanks Ruth that made it clearer - it is the boxes on the first picture down the left side and not the rep marks etc (sorry Sam LOL).

I get the boxes turning green to indicate I have posted in that thread but I dont understand that some boxes have pluses.

Hope that makes sense - It probably really doesnt matter but you asked for feedback LOL and I know how much you need stuff to do!

Well I was wondering what everyone was on about ... mine hadnt changed ... til about 5 minutes ago lol then wham! I got it :)
I have to agree about it being a bit pale .... everything else is good .. apart from ... I have to agree with geeg ... I always used the forum drop down menu :p now I am having to find my way all over again lol
Jo xx

I actually liked the board just the way it was but, if it floats ya boat to twiddle and tweak, who am I to complain ;)
Same whinge as some of the other peeps for me (a bit too wishy washy in the colour dept) but, if thats being sorted then I think its just a case of getting used to it, as we very quickly did the last time changes were made :biggrin:

I love it:cool:
As long as i can get on for my daily fix i'm happy:biggrin:

Lorrainex

Little Angel said:
hi

I dont like it much :o sorry, too pale for me. and it dosnt fill my screen. :sad:

I think its pale too. :rolleyes: But i will get used to it. Guess it also cause i am not used to it.

Looks good to me, all seems to work well...apart from the colours...too much 'white' not good for the eyes..defo eye strain coming on after a couple of mins and my hubby will do his nut if i keep altering the screen brightness lol :lol:

I do like it more now I have found the expand button, before then I didnt like the look at all Sorry :|

But yep its cool - its a little slower to respond than before but I suppose thats all the new stuff?

expanded style works a treat for me,i like the new style,its not too "in ya face"

i miss the shout box GMG :sad:

Latest posts

Back